OKC metro tire shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking for a tire shop in the OKC metro.

Must have the willingness to take the time and necessary precautions to prevent damage to my wheels.

I’ve had some recent bad luck with shops damaging the finish on my wheels. Including a brand new wheel that I’m replacing now. I need the new tire moved to the 3 week newer wheel. Not a crazy low profile, 245/40-20, but slightly more difficult than a typical 16-17” suv wheel/tire.

I don’t mind paying the extra price for a “professional” installer. I want it done correctly with screwing up yet another wheel.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_7768.jpg

IMG_7767.jpg

To me it looks worse than it appears in the pictures.

You can see where they pried against the powder coated spokes at least 3 times with a tire bar or something. Of course they didn’t say anything to me. I had to find it on my own.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best Mom & Pop tire store I've used here in the city is Garcia Tire on Eastern across from Crooked Oak School (just north of S 15th). They've been there a long time and always are busy.

Good luck!!

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best Mom & Pop tire store I've used here in the city is Garcia Tire on Eastern across from Crooked Oak School (just north of S 15th). They've been there a long time and always are busy.

Good luck!!
I use to use them when I lived off 59th. Now I am in Norman and still haven't found a good shop.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always got good service at the Big-O Tires on east Alameda in Norman, but they're like Schroedinger's tire shop--the only way to know if they're open or closed is to go look. (I mean, they went through bouts of being open for business and, well, not open for business, and then open for business again...)

I also got good service at the Discount Tire just east of I-35 north of Robinson, and at the Firestone on west Main. Opinions seem to vary wildly on the latter of those two, but they've always done right by me.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Merle's seemed like the only shop run by techs who care, the last time I used them.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Merle's seemed like the only shop run by techs who care, the last time I used them.
I've only used Merle's for alignments (assuming you mean Merle's Frame and Alignment on Shields), but I do recall them giving a flip about doing the job right.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the reason I bought the tires on my Subaru from the dealer. They come with road hazard and free rotations and balancing and were price competitive with Discount Tire and others. I specifically told them I wanted stick on weights placed inboard just like the factory to protect the wheels. Had no problems...

Latest posts

Top Bottom