OKC police bodycam of shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the way the Sgt was covering the other two with a rifle...and the way he just stepped to the side and then ventilated that bed platform...a couple of times.

Definitely some tactics that need some review, though. Still a good job done in a difficult situation.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the way the Sgt was covering the other two with a rifle...and the way he just stepped to the side and then ventilated that bed platform...a couple of times.

Definitely some tactics that need some review, though. Still a good job done in a difficult situation.
I took a lot of stuff in from my old man when I signed up, but the biggest take away was that pistols are "O-****" guns plain and simple.

I agree with you on the above, I'm just glad that one person brought a long gun to the party. I think the other two officers are too

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suspect won one of the Darwin Awards.

FOX News - Oklahoma City Police Release Bodycam Video of Suspect Ambushing Officers

"Oklahoma City Police have released a dramatic video showing a suspect firing a weapon at three officers after they lifted the mattress he was hiding underneath.

The incident that resulted in the death of Timothy Johnson, whom police say was wanted on an out-of-state felony warrant, happened on Nov. 15 in a rural area.

Officers in the state’s capital were called to a travel trailer after being told Johnson had been seen entering it and did not come out, according to police."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officers were also lucky in one respect with relation to the arrangement of the bed in the bedroom. In their case, the foot of the bed was towards the door, so their escape (egress) from the area was facilitated. In our RV home, the foot of the bed faces the side of the RV, so if an officer stood at the foot of the bed to lift up the bed, they would not have had such easy egress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom