OKC Ranked #2 Best BBQ City In USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Van's in Norman is pretty decent. I not sure if Leos is still open. Leo's had some of the best BBQ I had eaten around the City.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in Texas for a job we looked for trucks and pickups with stock trailers and cop cars in the parking lots when picking out BBQ places. We didn't care what the place looked like. In fact, we found the best food came out of wooden shacks with rusty tin corrugated roofs. The pickups with trailers were usually Texas Rangers.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dickies, Rudys, and Bucees has to be dragging Texas bbq down. ;)

My favorite OKC bbq joints ranked....

Leos
Clark Crew BBQ
Georges Whole Hog
Jacks
Vans Pig Stand
Bad Brads
Jo Bawbs
Kings
Double D's
Swadleys
Bedlam
Iron Star
Earls
Back Door BBQ
Blues Maples
Billy Sims
Dales BBQ House
Rib Crib
Smokeys
Oklahoma Ribber
Big Boys[/QUOTE/] You need to head south. Smokin Joe's in Davis is #1. Also, Smokehouse in Sulphur is darn good. Joe is closed Sundays and Wednesdays and Smokehouse is only open Thurs, Fri, & Sat.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the place that's a few blocks south and a block or so east of the Capitol? Can't remember the name..

George's Happy Hog BBQ,saw where lady owner died recently. Haven't been there in awhile...relatives of hers runs it now.

Toms BBQ the name of the BBQ place on NE 10 and I35 that closed. It was an old house next to interstate. I liked their que. Ate their in the 80's when I worked for the state. BBQ trivia: member Hans BBQ, Hikry Pit on NW10th, Glens...

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
George's Happy Hog BBQ,saw where lady owner died recently. Haven't been there in awhile...relatives of hers runs it now.

Toms BBQ the name of the BBQ place on NE 10 and I35 that closed. It was an old house next to interstate. I liked their que. Ate their in the 80's when I worked for the state. BBQ trivia: member Hans BBQ, Hikry Pit on NW10th, Glens...

Thats it, thanks.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

"Crocket's, Crocket's Smokehouse. Mighty fine barbeque!"

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please point a former Texas guy to some good que! Not going to lie, have not found one yet but always looking. I’ve tried the chains around here and I’m hoping that’s not the best around. Also, a little off BBQ, where can I get SPICY fried catfish?

My two current favorites are Ray's BBQ (Moore and Norman) and Butcher BBQ. Butcher is a little out of the way but well worth the drive on a nice weekend day. It's near Wellston on 66 at the Turnpike. Check their website, they are open only a few days a week, Fri, Sat, Sun I think. Have heard good things from my son about Clark Crew (OKC) and The Meating Place (Norman). Haven't gotten around to trying them yet. They seem a little on the yuppy side but hey, who knows?

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roy's in Chickasha is serviceable.

The best I've had lately was at Hutchins in Frisco. Damn, it was really good.

I feel about most OK BBQ joints about like I feel about Roy's. Most of them are serviceable, but there aren't any I'd drive over 30 minutes to have. If I'm close at lunch or dinner time, I'll give them a go, but I'm not treking across country for any BBQ that I've had in OK.

Seems like there was recently a poll ranking Taco Bell as the best Mexican Restaurant in America. I don't put much stock in polls or rankings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom