OKC Ranked #2 Best BBQ City In USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My house. This weekend. :D

I've got a Costco Prime that's been cryovac wet-aging for about 8 or 9 weeks in the fridge. Gonna fire up the smoker this weekend for it.
You have my mouth watering. I haven't had a good beef bark since working oilfield in the 90's. Place around Stringtown, dive is more like it, was the last good crust I can remember.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm using Harry Soo's Championship Beef Rub this weekend, so I'm interested to see how it comes out. First time with this one. I haven't done a briskie since... I dunno, 6 months at least. The Wife doesn't care as much for it, so she always finds a reason to 'gently redirect' me toward pork butt or baby backs. lol

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had Jake's yesterday, it's always good. Roy's used to be good but the last couple times I went there it was terrible, brisket tasted like it was out of a crock pot and not even smoked, and it's not cheap either. You get a lot more for your money at Jake's.

Jake's is awful. They boil their ribs. The rest of their meats aren't terrible, but if you're boiling ribs, I can't eat at your restaurant. I know a guy that loves their bologna and their sausage, but they boil their ribs. That's a hard pass for me.

You get a lot of french fries at Jake's. If you like french fries, they're the best around.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jake's is awful. They boil their ribs. The rest of their meats aren't terrible, but if you're boiling ribs, I can't eat at your restaurant. I know a guy that loves their bologna and their sausage, but they boil their ribs. That's a hard pass for me.

You get a lot of french fries at Jake's. If you like french fries, they're the best around.

Meathead says, "every time you boil ribs, a terrorist wins."

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Famous Dave's brisket is pot roast with liquid smoke and sauce (manager revealed this to me when I called him out on it). They tried a go at here in Tulsa and were gone in year.
Only had their ribs a couple of times ten plus years ago in KC. They were very good.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I get sliced brisket and fries everytime, I tried there turkey and didn't like it but I really like the brisket so I've stuck with it. It's $10.99 if I remember right and I usually have enough brisket left over to make a sandwich for lunch the next day.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for Butchers BBQ. Some of the best burnt ends I’ve ever had.

Went to FL a couple weeks ago and spent a couple nights with family in AL. Had a smoked chicken sandwich with white bbq sauce. Damn good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom