OKC Red Dirt Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of the most relaxed disciplines of Sport Shooting I have experienced. It caters to all levels. It is also has more prizes given out than any at our levels of competition, both by performance and random draw. I’d tell you how many pistols I have won in less that 3 years, but you would not believe it anyhow.
😉

Great folks. This is the inaugural match for OKC gun club. You can shoot either day or spread you entries over both days. While starts at 9:00, it is come and go. Sign in and report to the stage with the shortest line.
Yes, you do have to shoot a Glock at this one. Surely you already own one or know where to borrow a stock Glock.
Ping me if you need questions answered.

From The Match Director:
If you haven’t heard yet, then listen up. On October 22 & 23, 2022 – OKCGC (Oklahoma City Gun Club) will be hosting the first inaugural Red Dirt Shootout GSSF (Glock Shooting Sports Foundation) match! GSSF holds over 55 matches across the contiguous United States each year. There are nine GSSF events less than eight hours drive from Oklahoma City, but this one is in our own backyard! For more information on the GSSF (who they are, their mission, match rules, …) and to pre-register for the event go to https://www.gssf.pro/ . For specific information as it pertains to the hosting club visit https://www.okcgunclub.org/ or email [email protected] . These events are known for excellent opportunities to win Glock pistols, Cash prizes, Glock knives, Glock E-tool (Shovel), and membership extensions. They are awarded for both placement and randomly, among all participant entries (i.e. each match division entry is another opportunity to win a Glock pistol randomly). In addition to the GSSF prizes. The Shooting Sports Association is raffling a Glock Gen5 G17 MOS, that will be awarded to one lucky person on Sunday. Tickets are available for purchase at https://www.ok-ssa.org/ , and in person at the match both Saturday and Sunday.

309988611_128962926585814_4840970702279402557_n.jpg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I owned a Glock and could hit something with it. Alas, I cannot. The GSSF did get my 35 bucks though so I could place an order for a CMP 1911.

I find that somewhat humorous. I’m a member of GFFS, don’t own one and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if I did.

I should go see a trainer that specializes in Glocks to see if he can fix me. I can shoot the SA & Smith’s just fine. Never had a problem with any make of revolver. Beretta and Kimber pistols pose no problems. I just can’t hit anything with a Glock. It has to be me, but I’ve never shot with anyone that could see what it was or fix it.

If I could shoot one I’d buy a 33. I’m really jonesing for a .357 Sig, and they’re about the only folks still making one.

Last edited:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I know one of the top instructors in Okla, Jamie Meyer (About — Oklahoma Gun Training | Jamie Meyer) is going to be there as a competitor. I bet she'd train you. Also, Angie Houck runs/ran the indoor Glock matches at Big Boys. I know she was at the Kansas match not long ago so it stands to reason she'll be shooting there. I'm pretty sure she offers one-on-one Glock training at Big Boys.
If you want to keep it OSA local, I know our one and only @Mad Professor can probably either hook you up or point you to someone...
I wish I owned a Glock and could hit something with it. Alas, I cannot. The GSSF did get my 35 bucks though so I could place an order for a CMP 1911.

I find that somewhat humorous. I’m a member of GFFS, don’t own one and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if I did.

I should go see a trainer that specializes in Glocks to see if he can fix me. I can shoot the SA & Smith’s just fine. Never had a problem with any make of revolver. Beretta and Kimber pistols pose no problems. I just can’t hit anything with a Glock. It has to be me, but I’ve never shot with anyone that could see what it was or fix it.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If I could shoot one I’d buy a 33. I’m really jonesing for a .357 Sig, and they’re about the only folks still making one.
I can't hit a thing with them either, no problem with anything else. Must be something to do with a "limp wrist", having that fukked up grip angle and all. :bolt:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm beat!!!!

3 days of sun, wind and a metric ton of fun. I had just as much fun volunteering for this even than I think I could have had shooting it. Made a couple friends too

I forsee a 17 or 45 in my future!
Well heck which volunteer were you?
I only recognized people I'd shot with before, and I only remembered to take three pictures
PXL_20221022_161517096.jpg
PXL_20221022_155827247.jpg
PXL_20221023_121019169.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom