OKC Red Dirt Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When did they give out the prizes? Did you have to be present to win?
The random prizes for the competitors will be drawn Nov 1st or 2nd. Prizes are distributor based on item. Digital Pistol Certificates and $50 Randoms are placed on your account. Performance checks knives and shovels are mailed out, usually a week or so later.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason I decided that I would prefer to take a hike with a muzzleloader instead of going to this match. Seems like I missed out! I'll try to catch the next one outside of hunting season.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Around 3:15 yesterday
Yeah everyone was very respectful but I did get some irksome looks down south of yall when the second plate rack went down (again)
The plate rack going down was frustrating. Twice on Saturday. I had a good friend fabricate some replacement parts Saturday night. It went down 3 times Sunday, but we were able to fix it within 8-12 minutes each time. Then in the background, weld and grind the parts to use as spares.

We are already discussing changes to ensure that does not happen at the next match. There will also be at least 3 plate racks available.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The plate rack going down was frustrating. Twice on Saturday. I had a good friend fabricate some replacement parts Saturday night. It went down 3 times Sunday, but we were able to fix it within 8-12 minutes each time. Then in the background, weld and grind the parts to use as spares.

We are already discussing changes to ensure that does not happen at the next match. There will also be at least 3 plate racks available.
Plate racks take a beating. Redundancy is the only real solution.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plate racks take a beating. Redundancy is the only real solution.
Agree, but there are some design issues on that rack that need to be rectified. The north rack only required a couple of adjustments and tightening a few bolts at the end of the day.

The South rack had major failure including parts breakage. Behind the scenes it took an hour each time to repair the old part to have it available for a spare for the next breakage.

But yes, there will be more redundancy next year!!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet!!

Super proud of our club. I had a blast and will be back to help again next year.
Screenshot_20221210_100940_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1670688594519.jpg
FB_IMG_1670688598689.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom