OKCGC pistol range upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to put a post up about the new pistol range at OKCGC. I have not been a member long. Going on my second year. I primarily use the best rest range and the pistol plinking range when I go out there. I get a good value I think, but the facilities definitely seemed degraded a bit. I was wondering how much I would continue going if it kept going downhill. The plinking range was going badly. Lots of targets in bad repair and just sad shape in general. As to the benchrest range, it too was falling in overall health and I think the comps there run a lot of people off during prime times on the weekend.

I saw a couple of blurbs about improvements to the pistol range and a makeover on the benchrest range. Well, the pistol range went from a sad 3 to a 10 pretty much overnight to me. The new range is outstanding. Multiple steel targets, multiple sizes, at various ranges with 2 dueling trees. Very nicely done and exactly what I had been looking for. No need to be in a competition to get some practice in and just all in all a very enjoyable experience. My wife is now sold on the place and wants to go every weekend. Hell, she's looking at new guns now and her interest level is as high as mine. We both had a blast and look forward to going back. If the benchrest follows suit I think we will be lifelong members from here on out. Outstanding job on the new range and I am looking forward to the benchrest makeover.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The old plinking range is going to be another benchrest range. Only to 100 though.

Those two ranges haven't gotten a lot of maintenance in the last year due to the fact they knew they were upgrading. You can also shoot over at the ISPC and Cowboy bays on the other side of the range (different gate) if they aren't being used.

hipv125

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been out there a bunch I love it! I wish I knew the rules better for the high powered rifle range so I could take my m14 or garand out there and shoot around.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been out there a bunch I love it! I wish I knew the rules better for the high powered rifle range so I could take my m14 or garand out there and shoot around.
I believe you can go to the website and contact the guy in charge of that range.

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe you can go to the website and contact the guy in charge of that range.
They have a range orientation every so often prior to events and such. Once you get the orientation card I think you are good to go. I have been through the orientation, but really was waiting to watch and/or do a comp to get the hang of how things work there. I know they let people shoot from the 600 yard line after some of the matches and it explains that on either the newsletter or the high power section of the website.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to put a post up about the new pistol range at OKCGC. I have not been a member long. Going on my second year. I primarily use the best rest range and the pistol plinking range when I go out there. I get a good value I think, but the facilities definitely seemed degraded a bit. I was wondering how much I would continue going if it kept going downhill. The plinking range was going badly. Lots of targets in bad repair and just sad shape in general. As to the benchrest range, it too was falling in overall health and I think the comps there run a lot of people off during prime times on the weekend.

I saw a couple of blurbs about improvements to the pistol range and a makeover on the benchrest range. Well, the pistol range went from a sad 3 to a 10 pretty much overnight to me. The new range is outstanding. Multiple steel targets, multiple sizes, at various ranges with 2 dueling trees. Very nicely done and exactly what I had been looking for. No need to be in a competition to get some practice in and just all in all a very enjoyable experience. My wife is now sold on the place and wants to go every weekend. Hell, she's looking at new guns now and her interest level is as high as mine. We both had a blast and look forward to going back. If the benchrest follows suit I think we will be lifelong members from here on out. Outstanding job on the new range and I am looking forward to the benchrest makeover.
Excellent news! Glad to hear they are leaving targets out on the range. It will require maintenance though. The idiots will bring steel core and other ammo that will damage the steel. Someone will get tired of fixing them and it will get back to a bare range like in the past.

Latest posts

Top Bottom