Oklahoma a title holding state again?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
DIL just tried to tag their newish car. Just need proof of sales price at the agency to pay excise tax I guess. I liked knowing my titles were in the safe but I guess that’s a no go now.
We just bought a car last week and no one at the dealer mentioned anything about it. I probably would have waited a month then questioned what was going on. Oh well.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Just got a car in DEC before the prices went nuts. It took 35 days to get the title. I had to pick it up from the dealer. They didn't say anything either until I asked. No title no tags so the temp was overdue by about a week-ish.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Our daughter is in a similar boat. She went through the process of buying her first car completely on her own. The dealership has been no help at all. She bought hers before the law went into place and she should have her title. The title clerk has been absolutely horrible and now she’s overdue. I told her to ask for the manager and diplomatically chew some arse.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Title paper shortage. Yes, that is a thing. It’s been going on now for a while, but a new vehicle should already have the title from the manufacturer. The paper shortage should only apply after you registered the vehicle. I’m sure they have a new excuse now..

Edit: I guess Oklahoma became a title holding state July 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom