Oklahoma a title holding state again?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, law changed July 1st. Lien holder keeps the title until paid. Guess it's like Texas now. I assume the banks wanted it that way, so that's what they got.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TITLE-HOLDING AND ELECTRONIC LIENS & TITLES​

Beginning July 1, 2022, titles issued for a vehicle, boat or motor subject to a lien will be issued to the lienholder pursuant to Title 47 Section 1105 of the Oklahoma Statutes. If a vehicle owner needs the title for any reason, it must be obtained from the lienholder. Once a lien is satisfied, the lienholder can release the title to the vehicle owner.

If there is no lien on the vehicle, boat or motor, the title will be issued to the vehicle owner. Paper titles that currently exist will remain in good standing. If a duplicate title is requested after June 30, 2022, these rules will apply.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how does that work when you need the title to get your car out a tow or impound lot? My Ex just went though that, thankfully it's paid for and she has the title. But WTF Oklahoma???

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter just texted and said she requested a certified copy from Bob Howard. Not the real thing but might come in handy if you needed to do a quick sale or something?
Not sure if there is an advantage to it but she was raising a stink because she just assumed she would be mailed a title.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
so what requires a title to get anymore? surely they aren't expecting everyone to walk in with a title for every vehicle? pretty sure most people don't own their cars, just like everything else.

is this why i keep seeing cars from 2021 with paper tags? do cops not care anymore about expire tags? always seemed like the most bs thing to me.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so what requires a title to get anymore? surely they aren't expecting everyone to walk in with a title for every vehicle? pretty sure most people don't own their cars, just like everything else.

is this why i keep seeing cars from 2021 with paper tags? do cops not care anymore about expire tags? always seemed like the most bs thing to me.
I would get pulled over if I was a week late! Not sure how some people get away with it..

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I would get pulled over if I was a week late! Not sure how some people get away with it..
i don't drive on the highways much anymore, but it's honestly like 20-40% of the cars i see. i'm not even joking. i honestly thought cops were told to stop pulling over drivers for it i see it so much.

i know it was hard to get a tag for a bit unless you went somewhere other than okc. maybe they got a new policy; i don't see how these cars are impounded.

i mean again; i think the whole registration thing is bs anyway. but i digress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom