Oklahoma Airbow Bill Signed into Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Settled_Nomad

"Be Curious, Not Judgmental." -- Ted Lasso
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is interesting. Would be cool to sport one of those Benjamin Airbow on the next hunting trip.

In Win for Sportsmen and Women, Oklahoma Airbow Bill Signed into Law​

https://congressionalsportsmen.org/...nd-women-oklahoma-airbow-bill-signed-into-law
On May 11, Oklahoma Senate Bill 1571 (SB 1571), which allows for the use of airbows during Oklahoma’s firearm deer seasons and following the purchase of an airbow conservation stamp, was formally signed into law by Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus Member Governor Kevin Stitt after making its way through the legislature with broad support. Championed by Oklahoma Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus Co-Chair and National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses (NASC) Executive Council Member Senator Mark Allen, SB 1571 was a priority for the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) in Oklahoma this year. With its passage, which included an emergency clause, the provisions of SB 1571 take effect immediately.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not really understanding the big deal. Is it just that it’s another weapon legal to hunt with or is there a legitimate advantage to hunting with an airbow?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my understanding a little of both, in the past it was illegal to hunt with any kind of airgun, and a airbow is easier to load and shoot than a crossbow from what im seeing. i could be wrong on both accounts.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In short, an airbow is basically a recurve crossbow that uses pressurized air to cock it at the push of a button.

I used one of these airbows on a hog hunt in Texas last year, and the airbow was charged from a small cylinder of very high air pressure, (3,000+ psi) that was screwed onto the bow. The air cylinder was about the size of a 16 oz. water bottle.

I took two hogs that were about 150 pounds each, at ranges of 35 and 38 yards with a complete pass through on both hogs.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In short, an airbow is basically a recurve crossbow that uses pressurized air to cock it at the push of a button.

I used one of these airbows on a hog hunt in Texas last year, and the airbow was charged from a small cylinder of very high air pressure, (3,000+ psi) that was screwed onto the bow. The air cylinder was about the size of a 16 oz. water bottle.

I took two hogs that were about 150 pounds each, at ranges of 35 and 38 yards with a complete pass through on both hogs.

How many pounds pull did this Airbow have?

Latest posts

Top Bottom