Oklahoma Airbow Bill Signed into Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like a solution to a problem that didn’t exist. I already have the option of hunting with a crossbow during rifle AND muzzleloader season if I choose to. :anyone:
As someone else noted, the advantage of the airbow is its ease of use. I know a guy whose wife loves to hunt deer with her crossbow, except for the fact that her husband must cock it for her. The airbow allows her to hunt without worrying about the effort of cocking it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone else noted, the advantage of the airbow is its ease of use. I know a guy whose wife loves to hunt deer with her crossbow, except for the fact that her husband must cock it for her. The airbow allows her to hunt without worrying about the effort of cocking it.
It’s only legal for rifle season, and I have to believe that if we’re going with ease of use that a centerfire rifle is still going to win.
I stand by my comment that this is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the ease of use, but there are crank cocking devices for crossbows. How hard could it be to use a crank mechanism on a cross bow?

I guess I don’t see the practicality of an air bow, to me it is just one more step to lessen a hunters skill.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s only legal for rifle season, and I have to believe that if we’re going with ease of use that a centerfire rifle is still going to win.
I stand by my comment that this is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.
This is a good point, not really a game changer since it is only used during rifle season. If it was during archery, that would be a big impact to harvest counts.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot quieter than a rifle, perhaps?
With some limited research, I found this…
So maybe the PCP airbow isn't as quiet as your brand new compound bow or a more traditional recurve, but it sure is much quieter than most guns on the market. If this replaces a single shot muzzleloader for some people, this may just allow more time for a second shot for some.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My apologies for my mistake! I was thinking about an "air powered crossbow" and not the "airbow" as stated. BIG difference between the two...

The air powered crossbow is a unique weapon unto itself, and is what I used in Texas to hog hunt with. There are YouTube videos that show this weapon in action, and I believe Keith Warren does a hunt with one.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see using the airbow if you live in a semi populated area and dont want the noise of a traditional rifle to disturb your neighbors and/or fiscally unable to use a bow or crossbow. Its like everything else people with different taste and wants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom