Oklahoma ban on gay marriage ruled unconstitutional

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your veneer of sneering superiority is a subterfuge.

And it works so well, too. Congrats on the discovery, Columbus.

No really, sir. I've been known to troll and call out anyone and everyone at one time or another. Lately I've been too busy for that. I only call out the real tools. Don't like gays or blacks, but are not that aggressive about it? Politically incorrect? Fine. Whatever. It's Oklahoma. I'm offensive too.

Only when I start seeing that creepy Christian Identity, Stormfront-esque rhetoric that looks like it was posted by a guy with c**stains on his copy of The Turner Diaries do I feel the need to give my proverbial 2 cents. Dumb racists aren't mean or bitter or bad people and they aren't worth the time. It's the psuedo-intellectual creeps that really warm my heart. Use big words. Tell me about your life experience. Tell me about your degree. Oh, did I say you were an *******? That was BEFORE I knew all that. Forgive me for dissenting.

And yeah, it was that term. Most good 'ol boys around here wouldn't even know what that term meant if I asked them. You start digging deep in the slur dictionary and I take notice. When I saw that term in your post I realized you devote enough thought and effort to your racism that I could spare you a few words in the spirit of spicing up the thread a bit.

Again, if you're a troll, you're a good one and you have my blessing. Good parody and extremism are indistiguishable.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Therein lies the crutch of the matter. NO ONE has a right to get married. Rights belong to individuals, and it takes another consenting individual to join in marriage.

Woody

You should look up fundamental rights and how marriage is one of them. Veggie's addressed it, you've ignored it. Those two consenting adults have a right to enter into a marriage with each other. Unless your choice of religion says consent is optional, of course. (Does it?) In that case we should pass some laws to make the government fit your religion's world-view, and claim that all we want is just to be left alone.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

No really, sir. I've been known to troll and call out anyone and everyone at one time or another. Lately I've been too busy for that. I only call out the real tools. Don't like gays or blacks, but are not that aggressive about it? Politically incorrect? Fine. Whatever. It's Oklahoma. I'm offensive too.

Only when I start seeing that creepy Christian Identity, Stormfront-esque rhetoric that looks like it was posted by a guy with c**stains on his copy of The Turner Diaries do I feel the need to give my proverbial 2 cents. Dumb racists aren't mean or bitter or bad people and they aren't worth the time. It's the psuedo-intellectual creeps that really warm my heart. Use big words. Tell me about your life experience. Tell me about your degree. Oh, did I say you were an *******? That was BEFORE I knew all that. Forgive me for dissenting.

And yeah, it was that term. Most good 'ol boys around here wouldn't even know what that term meant if I asked them. You start digging deep in the slur dictionary and I take notice. When I saw that term in your post I realized you devote enough thought and effort to your racism that I could spare you a few words in the spirit of spicing up the thread a bit.

Again, if you're a troll, you're a good one and you have my blessing. Good parody and extremism are indistiguishable.

I am blinded by your shining armor, so full of hubris.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not a marriage. That's masturbation or celibacy. I was being facetious, but you must admit the Oklahoma Constitution doesn't specifically prohibit a single person marrying him/herself - unless you understand the definition and meaning of what the word and institution of 'marriage' is, and all the nuances involved.

I'm not sure you really believe what you say about the Labor party framers being so insightful that they deliberately banned gay marriage over 100 years ago.I never said that about the insight of the drafters of the Oklahoma Constitution. It is, however, a consequence of what they wrote when you take into consideration the definition and meaning of what the word 'plural', and all the nuances involved, and the definition of the word and institution of 'polygamy' and all the caveats that make polygamy polygamy.

You're being ridiculous.

I can see your point if you mean that the drafters of the Oklahoma Constitution, when they wrote, "Polygamous or plural marriages are forever prohibited," that the word "or" means "polygamous" and "plural" are being used as being one and the same, then you might be right. However, since they didn't write it as "Polygamy or plural mariages...," then there is reason to believe as I do since the 'ous' on the end of polygamy changes the part of speech of 'polygamy' from the noun 'polygamy' into the adjective 'polygamous', which with the word 'plural' modify the noun 'marriages'. It should also be noted that the word "marriage" is not used in the singular but in the plural - 'marriages' - indicating that more than one type of marriage is being connoted.

Whether the foregoing trail of logic was followed by the writers of the Oklahoma Constitution or not might be a matter of debate, but gay people existed and most likely cohabited back then and it could have been on their minds to keep such couples from marrying. While the income tax - the crux of the demand for equal treatment under the law - didn't officially exist back then, it is irrelevant anyway; morality on a higher standard did exist back then.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should look up fundamental rights and how marriage is one of them. Veggie's addressed it, you've ignored it. Those two consenting adults have a right to enter into a marriage with each other. Unless your choice of religion says consent is optional, of course. (Does it?) In that case we should pass some laws to make the government fit your religion's world-view, and claim that all we want is just to be left alone.

If what you say is true, then the left is correct that the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a collective right meant only for the militia as well. Which is it? Are rights individual or collective?

Woody

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Man, you really are a wise dude. Thank you for blessing us with your wisdom once again!
What exactly is in the Turner Diaries?

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read.

It's very apparent that you don't believe in natural rights, nor do you believe that the Constitution should protect those natural rights equally. You believe that rights come from the government and should only be granted to people that you see as "pure".

Really? There are some that would think I said more ignorant things. I do believe in natural rights. I don't see gay marriage as one of them and I am not alone in that view. People have natural rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The government infringes on those many times though. It seems they take more gifts to the left side ( gay marriage, amnesty for illegal issues, and so forth) yet see nothing wrong with fooling with our second amendment rights or our right to attempt to instill morals in our children as they go to great lengths to undo what is taught at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom