Oklahoma Co world record buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While it's in OK county, it's not really "in town", it's a very different part of the city. It's in Green Pastures if you're familiar with it, no very populated and a very very impoverished area. This buck could easily have just been running 40 acres or so and crossing gravel roads that literally no one ever drives down. Biggest threat it would have faced is all of the wild dogs.

I googled the area after you posted the location, and it looks pretty uninhabited. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't more trophy bucks in the area.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I googled the area after you posted the location, and it looks pretty uninhabited. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't more trophy bucks in the area.
The big question is how many guys are going to leave their homes and wives to go live off the land out there and maybe get a trophy buck.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at the map, I'm a little surprised that more people don't try to hunt inside the city limits. There appears to be some fairly large tracts of "rough" land. There was a hunting show several years ago with the urban hunting theme, and the guys killed some monsters around subdivisions.

Imthedude could get off work and walk across the street and be hunting, but I admit that kind of hunting would not be for me (unless I knew there was a 200" buck in the area).:blush:

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at the map, I'm a little surprised that more people don't try to hunt inside the city limits. There appears to be some fairly large tracts of "rough" land. There was a hunting show several years ago with the urban hunting theme, and the guys killed some monsters around subdivisions.

Imthedude could get off work and walk across the street and be hunting, but I admit that kind of hunting would not be for me (unless I knew there was a 200" buck in the area).:blush:
Still weird to me that I never even considered it. Maybe because it was such a small tract or because it was just across the street. That said, it definitely is more appealing to me to be out in the middle of no where when I'm hunting and not hearing the noises of te "city". A few years ago I hunted 20 acres just east of Lake Arcadia right next to a subdivision. Didn't care for it at all, but I shot 2 really nice 8 pts and saw the biggest buck I've ever seen while hunting (just couldn't ever get a shot).

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Killing deer is killing deer, I hunt to spend time in nature and escape everyday life. I can see deer on my way work. I can kill my limit within a mile from my house. Sometimes it is not even the size of deer I hunt, sometimes it is just the hunt.
However, if I saw that buck across the street from my house, I would of made my mailbox into a blind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Legalities aside, unless someone sees you, how will anyone know?

The problem I've always foreseen with bow hunting in an urban area is whose yard the deer is going to die in...:anyone:

lol, there was a tv program on a couple of years ago about deer hunting in suburban areas in the NE, mostly New York and New Jersey.
One deer they arrowed jumped a fence and died after falling into the homeowners swimming pool.
To say the homeowner was pissed looking at the deer and his bloodstained pool water would be an understatement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom