Oklahoma Execution Method?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A comment on the Nitrogen Gas Asphyxiation Method for Capital Punishment. It is potentially the least physiological stressful and most painless method of all the alternatives of which I can think if the subject is exposed immediately to an atmosphere of 100% Nitrogen resulting in immediate loss of consciousness in fewer than ten normal breaths.

If however, the percentage of Nitrogen is slowly increased as the Oxygen Level is dropped, the subject will experience increasing hypoxia responding with increasing Respiratory Rate and Depth until consciousness is lost. This will probably cause fear and panic before everything goes dark....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep.....it is called prison for a reason, even though some are like a Holiday Inn due to the bleeding hearts.

If one is legally convicted beyond ALL reasonable doubt, prison is one alternative. Most people do not choose to go to prison, but........

Oh, and who are we to say he didn't enjoy getting gang raped?

I don't trust the government to get my trash collection handled accurately. Why in the WORLD would I trust human lives to those systems?

It's not about whether the guilty deserve it or not. It's not about capital punishment being humane, just, or ethical. It's not about sympathizing with the plight of the guilty either. I don't cry any tears when those like Lockett or McVeigh are executed. That's a big "meh" to at the end of the day.

No, it's about the efficacy of the system. We bemoan the state government, the IRS, the EPA, the ATF, the county DAs prosecuting "stand your ground" cases, etc... all these bureaucratic nightmarish systems whose inefficiencies and inaccuracies makes all our lives hell at some point. But we champion the state of Oklahoma to get systematic justifiable homicide right? Because (and I quote) "one is legally convicted beyond ALL reasonable doubt," allegedly?

Give me a break...

If you are going to quote...at least quote it correctly.

Now then, can you fathom "All reasonable doubt" applying to all persons or parties involved....including the...aw just wasting my time as you wouldn't.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A comment on the Nitrogen Gas Asphyxiation Method for Capital Punishment. It is potentially the least physiological stressful and most painless method of all the alternatives of which I can think if the subject is exposed immediately to an atmosphere of 100% Nitrogen resulting in immediate loss of consciousness in fewer than ten normal breaths.

If however, the percentage of Nitrogen is slowly increased as the Oxygen Level is dropped, the subject will experience increasing hypoxia responding with increasing Respiratory Rate and Depth until consciousness is lost. This will probably cause fear and panic before everything goes dark....

I don't see a problem. How come this was never used instead if the ol gas chamber? Seems easier and just as effective.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see a problem. How come this was never used instead if the ol gas chamber? Seems easier and just as effective.

I do not know. As few as 4 breaths in an oxygen free atmosphere will cause instant unconsciousness. This is a hazard identified in ‘Closed Space Entry’ specified under OSHA Regs where an oxygen free environment is possible requiring atmospheric testing to insure atmospheric conditions or else use of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) is required.

Also, there is a technology infrequently used now in the Chicken Industry where atmospheric pressure is dropped until chickens lose consciousness to facilitate a more humane slaughtering process.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

When Capital Punishment is prescribed by the Court, it generally means that the crime was intentional, heinous, and there is no extenuating circumstances or reason to consider mercy.

I think of the murder of a young couple here in Oklahoma some years ago. As I recall, the girl was raped and the victims were locked in a vehicle trunk and burned, alive. A merciful and painless death hardly seems to balance the scales of justice for something like this. So, I get it when you suggest that pain and fear are appropriate for the situation. Death by RotoTiller or being eaten alive by rats wouldn’t seem too extreme for a crime like this.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Capital Punishment is prescribed by the Court, it generally means that the crime was intentional, heinous, and there is no extenuating circumstances or reason to consider mercy.

I think of the murder of a young couple here in Oklahoma some years ago. As I recall, the girl was raped and the victims were locked in a vehicle trunk and burned, alive. A merciful and painless death hardly seems to balance the scales of justice for something like this. So, I get it when you suggest that pain and fear are appropriate for the situation. Death by RotoTiller or being eaten alive by rats wouldn’t seem too extreme for a crime like this.

As we all know, that's not possible as much as we want it to happen.
We have to make it a happy event.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As we all know, that's not possible as much as we want it to happen.
We have to make it a happy event.

No. It doesn’t have to be a happy event. But the need to torture someone or cause excruciating pain in order to bring on a slow death is sickening. People who think like this remind me of those who got their jollies torturing kittens as a kid. Almost as disgustingly sick as the criminal and his actions. I find it hard to believe any of you who call for this are serious; I think if push came to shove, you wouldn’t feel this way, much less carry it out. I hope so anyway. Just shoot him and be done with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom