1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma Execution Method?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gerhard1, Feb 10, 2018.

1. TonyKane1

TonyKane1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Hang em high!!

2. Snake

Snake Sharpshooter

Understand it all. You are just a bleeding heart liberal that's all touchy feely.

3. donner

donner Sharpshooter

careful. With talk like that you're going to be labeled a diseased, bleeding-heart libtard. This is OSA, after all. You either walk in lockstep with the absolutists or they will attempt to belittle you using feeble insults. And God forbid you have fact-based evidence to support your position. That really triggers their overly-developed use of hyperbole and flood you with straw men arguments until you realize you can't argue with idiots and give up.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Dave70968 and otis147 like this.
  4. donner

donner Sharpshooter

my wife had to report for jury duty yesterday (her first time) and she realized when she got there that there was only one trial this week and it was a capital murder case. They called something like 125 people for the jury selection and were going to sequester the jurors almost immediately following selection.

She lasted until 4 pm (started at 8:30 am) when there were ~40 or so people left. She said the judge was very interested in talking to two groups, those who said they could never vote to execute people and those who said that anyone convicted of capital murder to automatically receive the death penalty. The two questions asked were: "Could you find a defendant guilty if the facts point to it knowing that it could possibly lead to the the death penalty?" and 2) "Could you vote to apply the death penalty?"

My wife was eventually dismissed because she is a practicing Quaker and couldn't vote for the death penalty on religious principle.

Cards81fan, C_Hallbert and otis147 like this.
  5. BlackRifle

BlackRifle Sharpshooter

Firing Squad. Bullits are cheap now.

6. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    this method is not written into our state constitution. Injection and the electric chair are. I believe the C02 chamber was also voted in last year.
    fire up ol sparky!

7. otis147

otis147 Sharpshooter

you'e got me confused for somebody else, apparently.

liberals use force of government to impose their will on others. you'll never find me doing that.

Rooster1971 and chadh2o like this.
  8. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sorry, but I think of it as the victim would with dirt being shoveled on top of my live body. Would I look up, forgive, give up and die at that moment or would I fight to get out and render hell on the one that has tried to end my life like no hell they have ever experienced?
    The victim didn't get a chance to have a painless death, and I don't see what the big hullabaloo is about those committing the heinous crime getting a painless death. If it takes a while and they get to experience a little pain and apprehension, so be it. They deserve to feel the pain.

For the record I don't like cats.

Snake likes this.
  9. Okiedog

Okiedog Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I just want the SOB's dead and don't care how they get there.

10. Dave70968

Dave70968 Sharpshooter

So do conservatives, they just have a different will they want to impose. Sometimes.

But yeah, the groupthink around here is that any time you disagree, you must be a liberal (ignoring, of course, the history of the term, and how the likes of Jefferson and Madison would have claimed it with pride...again, see previous about "fact-based argument").

otis147 and Rooster1971 like this.