Oklahoma Execution Method?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think of it as the victim would with dirt being shoveled on top of my live body. Would I look up, forgive, give up and die at that moment or would I fight to get out and render hell on the one that has tried to end my life like no hell they have ever experienced?
The victim didn't get a chance to have a painless death, and I don't see what the big hullabaloo is about those committing the heinous crime getting a painless death. If it takes a while and they get to experience a little pain and apprehension, so be it. They deserve to feel the pain.

For the record I don't like cats.
The big hullabaloo is that some of us believe we're better than the scumbag being executed. It's something done out of necessity, not fun, any more than we look forward to putting down our dogs. Screwed up or not, the bad guy is still a human being, and yet some people want to impose upon him things that would be a crime if done to lower life forms.

As for what he "deserves," isn't that between him and the Creator? Is that pain, whether physical or psychological, going to make things any better for his victim? Is it going to make him any better in the moments before his life is extinguished? Is it going to improve the humanity of the people carrying out the sentences to have them tormenting some soul for its last moments on Earth?

If we're going to have capital punishment, it should be a job to be done, quickly and efficiently. It shouldn't be an outlet for anger or vengeance. There's a reason for blanks in rifles at a firing squad; would you really want to be around the sort of people who would volunteer to inflict torture upon a fellow human being?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The big hullabaloo is that some of us believe we're better than the scumbag being executed. It's something done out of necessity, not fun, any more than we look forward to putting down our dogs. Screwed up or not, the bad guy is still a human being, and yet some people want to impose upon him things that would be a crime if done to lower life forms.

As for what he "deserves," isn't that between him and the Creator? Is that pain, whether physical or psychological, going to make things any better for his victim? Is it going to make him any better in the moments before his life is extinguished? Is it going to improve the humanity of the people carrying out the sentences to have them tormenting some soul for its last moments on Earth?

If we're going to have capital punishment, it should be a job to be done, quickly and efficiently. It shouldn't be an outlet for anger or vengeance. There's a reason for blanks in rifles at a firing squad; would you really want to be around the sort of people who would volunteer to inflict torture upon a fellow human being?
The difference between you and me is that I don't call anyone that commits a heinous crime a human, because I look at the side of the victim, and not the "rights" of the killer, rapists, person that dismembered another human, burned/shot/buried a human alive, and other heinous crimes. You have a different mind set of the "rights of the killer".
I put then in the classification of sub-human that does not deserve our consideration of mercy.
I would have no bad dreams putting a bullet into their head, watching them die and enjoy coffee the next morning reading about the execution in the paper because I side on the victim, not the killer.
The killer has ruined not only his life, but the lives of his family, and the family of the people they killed for a generation at least. Real human beings don't get over it in a week or two. Now I'm sure your going to insert some feel good story about a killers family that forgave and forgot, but I can counter with two or three real good stories from right here in Ponca of murders where the family actually got to watch the killers of their family members watch them die at big Mac.
I can assure you if they squirmed a bit, it did not disturb them. I know them personally and can attest to how it has had a terrible effect on their lives.
We put down our pets to remove them of their pain and misery so including that in your response is totally false and disingenuous. That analogy has zero place in this thread. I value my dog's life way above somebody like Lockett.
I don't like cats.

Last edited:

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it the victim has no rights, I am guessing your rights just stop once you become a victim.

Now the person accused of some hideous crime, then found guilty? Plenty of people to stand up for the rights of the convicted, wish we had the same feelings for the victims.

I guess once dead/raped or whatever, you no longer matter to the justice system..... I find this very sad.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference between you and me is that I don't call anyone that commits a heinous crime a human, because I look at the side of the victim, and not the "rights" of the killer, rapists, person that dismembered another human, burned/shot/buried a human alive, and other heinous crimes. You have a different mind set of the "rights of the killer".
I put then in the classification of sub-human that does not deserve our consideration of mercy.
I would have no bad dreams putting a bullet into their head, watching them die and enjoy coffee the next morning reading about the execution in the paper because I side on the victim, not the killer.
The killer has ruined not only his life, but the lives of his family, and the family of the people they killed for a generation at least. Real human beings don't get over it in a week or two. Now I'm sure your going to insert some feel good story about a killers family that forgave and forgot, but I can counter with two or three real good stories from right here in Ponca of murders where the family actually got to watch the killers of their family members watch them die at big Mac.
I can assure you if they squirmed a bit, it did not disturb them. I know them personally and can attest to how it has had a terrible effect on their lives.
We put down our pets to remove them of their pain and misery so including that in your response is totally false and disingenuous. That analogy has zero place in this thread. I value my dog's life way above somebody like Lockett.
I don't like cats.
I can see your point, in a very disturbing way. Bless your heart.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it the victim has no rights, I am guessing your rights just stop once you become a victim.

Now the person accused of some hideous crime, then found guilty? Plenty of people to stand up for the rights of the convicted, wish we had the same feelings for the victims.

I guess once dead/raped or whatever, you no longer matter to the justice system..... I find this very sad.

I was once asked by a liberal friend as to why I could be against abortion but for capital punishment. Your second comment here was my answer then. The criminal gets a trial with an attorney for his defense, a jury, and a judge. An unborn child gets none of that if "mom" decides she doesn't want that child.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and there you go. Yet again you can't dare deviate from the group-think, lest you be accused of supporting the rights of the person on death row over the rights of the victim. Never mind that taking a stand for one in no way invalidates the other.

Worried about an innocent person being wrongly convicted? Invalid, you should be thinking of the victim and exacting retribution for them (regardless of whether the person in question did it). Worried about the issues with who does and doesn't get the death penalty? Libtard who loves murders more than victims.

Don't think the state should be in the business of torture? Bleeding heart hippie.

Don't you dare question the flaws in the system or suggest that even murders still have limited 'rights' (like that whole cruel and unusual thing).

After all, everyone knows it's impossible to think that there are people who should be executed for their crimes, while still acknowledging that our system isn't up to the standards needed to guarantee justice is served. Nope, two things can't possibly be true at the same time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom