Oklahoma Firefighter Dies in Comanche County Fighting Fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw this R.I.P April

https://kfor.com/news/local/new-details-oklahoma-firefighter-killed-in-blaze/
COMANCHE COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Officials have released new details about a firefighter who was killed while battling a wildfire in Comanche County.

Around 12:25 p.m. on Sunday, the Edgewater Park Volunteer Fire Department was called to a fire near NE Kings Rd., just west of Lake Ellsworth in Comanche County.

As fire crews attempted to put out the blaze, authorities say 55-year-old April Partridge, a firefighter with Edgewater Park, got separated from her vehicle.

As a result, she died.

Her official cause of death is under investigation by the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner’s Office.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, sad news, I was watching the smoke from my porch across the lake. The wind was pretty strong too. Praying for her family.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife's kids live down in central TX where they've had numerous deadly grass fires. A firefighter was killed there last week, too. Her 2nd oldest son and family had to grab stuff and leave home with little warning due to the fires. Fortunately, it burned all around the house but the house was spared.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw this R.I.P April

https://kfor.com/news/local/new-details-oklahoma-firefighter-killed-in-blaze/
COMANCHE COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Officials have released new details about a firefighter who was killed while battling a wildfire in Comanche County.

Around 12:25 p.m. on Sunday, the Edgewater Park Volunteer Fire Department was called to a fire near NE Kings Rd., just west of Lake Ellsworth in Comanche County.

As fire crews attempted to put out the blaze, authorities say 55-year-old April Partridge, a firefighter with Edgewater Park, got separated from her vehicle.

As a result, she died.

Her official cause of death is under investigation by the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner’s Office.
Some people think just a grass/brush fire is not very serious. I have seen these type fires totally out of control. If they have adiquate fuel, tall grass, ezpecially ceder trees, and high winds, they can be very dangerous indeed. One fire that stands out to me, was when in august, many years ago, very dry, tall grass and Ceder trees, and LITERALLY 50/60 mph WINDS, we were going to try a fire at a four lane state highway. We had two engines, two grass rigs, and all the personal we could get. when this fire approched this four lane highway, we didn't have a chance to stop it. the wind had the flames 50/60 in front of the fire, and it crossed the road in a several hundred yard strip in about two seconds. WE resorted to only trying to save houses, and didn't boither with out builds. WE still lost several homes, and literaly dozens of out buildings! a long hard day, I won't soon forget! Later in the day, the wind decreased, and we got more help from sourronding fire departsments, and was able to put this monster out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom