Oklahoma governor vows to fight 'federal overreach' of gun control efforts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.I'm proud of Governor Stitt,...has my vote !

That .....shitppman ... clown fits right in with the rest of the idiots and morons in DC....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't ever feel all warm and cozy over any politician's "vow" but at least he isn't vowing to support gun control.

We'll see how all of this plays out I guess but I would like to more concrete measures to assure our gun rights in this state.

big green chopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we are serious about pushing back, we as a State, need to be prepared to forego a lot of federal money. And that appears very difficult to do.

You are correct. Lets skip all the intermediate and inevitable points and go to the end game.... I am just going to throw out the proverbial blast into the middle of this conversation. Texas and the 32 other states that joined TX in the supreme pizza case have more than enough legal standing according to the constitution to hold a constitutional convention and simply replace the existing federal trashology and make treason illegal again.

# Make treason illegal again

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't ever feel all warm and cozy over any politician's "vow" but at least he isn't vowing to support gun control.

We'll see how all of this plays out I guess but I would like to more concrete measures to assure our gun rights in this state.

We have a Bill working it’s way through the state legislature currently to make Ok a sanctuary gun state.
SB-631

Infringement of Second Amendment rights; creating the Second Amendment Sanctuary State Act; considering certain action as infringing on the right to keep and bear arms; directing courts and law enforcement agencies to protect certain rights.

http://www.oklegislature.gov/Billinfo.aspx?Bill=SB631

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Enact a state law establishing a State Militia, persons with Oklahoma Hand Gun License are immediately qualified and members. Governor with 60% of State Legislature can mobilize Militia against foreign threats to the state"s constitution. All militia members required to have an MSR and hi cap magazines. This should cover the Well Regulated Militia and Free State part.
Love that idea. That would make any democrats head explode

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enact a state law establishing a State Militia, persons with Oklahoma Hand Gun License are immediately qualified and members. Governor with 60% of State Legislature can mobilize Militia against foreign threats to the state"s constitution. All militia members required to have an MSR and hi cap magazines. This should cover the Well Regulated Militia and Free State part.

Love that idea. That would make any democrats head explode

Ok, so let's find a legislator to write and sponsor this bill. Preferably several, find some Ds and some Rs in the House and in the Senate.

Anyone got any ideas for someone who is willing to stand on the hill and raise the flag?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may be a little rusty but statutes already exist for the militia.
https://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2006/os44.html
§4441. Composition of Militia Classes.

The Militia of the State of Oklahoma shall consist of all ablebodied citizens of the United States and all other ablebodied persons who shall be or shall have declared their intentions to become citizens of the United States, who shall be more than seventeen (17) years of age and not more than seventy (70) years of age, and said militia shall be divided into three (3) classes: The National Guard, the Oklahoma State Guard, and the Unorganized Militia.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml... The militia of the,the United States who are

§246. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom