Oklahoma Knife Laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This all makes it clear as mud, guess I’m just a dolt. Maybe I’ll walk into a police station with a 6.5” Bowie and report back with the results. 😂😂
Just march up to the desk, whip out the knife, stab it into the desktop, and say in a firm tone, “I heard these things were illegal in this state. Which one of you pansies is man enough to enforce that?”

If you could have someone video the interaction, that would be cool.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no expert on OK law but carrying a knife usually isn't a problem until you show some sort of criminal intent with the knife...like you threaten to stab someone. Then it becomes a "deadly weapon". But just carrying it around is probably not a big deal.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is "when is a knife classified as a weapon?"

Is a pocket knife considered a weapon?

Having an issue right now over this and one side keeps saying "...well the weapon involved..." and we are like, it was an accident and it was a pocket knife.

But no one seems to know how a pocket knife can automatically be classified as "a weapon."
When it is used on a person.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if you wanted to carry a trench knife like this? You have the long blade with brass knuckles..
Like the OP, I've researched endlessly and have even gone as far as calling my local PD to find out the true law. No one knew for sure.

Yep, clear as mud..
A rifle with a unregistered grenade launcher is illegal. The illegal part is the grenade launcher (in case anybody wants to argue, I already said it is unregistered in this scenario).

The knife is totally legal. The brass holes that turn it into brass knuckles would have to be removed to make it legal to carry.

If you only have enough money to purchase 1 knife and you want to carry a knife in public in the state of Oklahoma, do not buy this type of knife.

I have given you the correct answer.

Last edited:

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just march up to the desk, whip out the knife, stab it into the desktop, and say in a firm tone, “I heard these things were illegal in this state. Which one of you pansies is man enough to enforce that?”

If you could have someone video the interaction, that would be cool.

You are probably old. You don't need to tell people to record stuff anymore.

Edit....this is a joke in case you are really old.

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When it is used on a person.
Not really what I was asking.

Recently had an issue with something.

A small folding pocket knife was involved.

Person got cut/stabbed accidentally.

Insurance people were saying it was considered a "weapon" and that made things different from an insurance/liability point of view.

It was 100% an accident.

That's why I was wondering about the definition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom