Oklahoma law change would let 18-year-olds buy a handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to get my dad to come with me to fill out the paperwork, when I‘d saved the money for a Ruger MK I target pistol. Skaggs Albertsons. I was 19, had quit college, moved out into an apartment, started my work career. Happy to be on my own. Went to Looboyles sporting goods store the day I turned 21, bought a S&W model 19 6” barrel, blued steel .357 Magnum . So proud of it. Around 1978, started a never ending journey of dry firing, plinking, competing, trying to improve. Funds available will affect 18 year olds ability to enter the gun culture. Don’t really remember the price of that first new .22 pistol, but seems like it was $129.-149. Had to plan, save for a while to swing that.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to get my dad to come with me to fill out the paperwork, when I‘d saved the money for a Ruger MK I target pistol. Skaggs Albertsons. I was 19, had quit college, moved out into an apartment, started my work career. Happy to be on my own. Went to Looboyles sporting goods store the day I turned 21, bought a S&W model 19 6” barrel, blued steel .357 Magnum . So proud of it. Around 1978, started a never ending journey of dry firing, plinking, competing, trying to improve. Funds available will affect 18 year olds ability to enter the gun culture. Don’t really remember the price of that first new .22 pistol, but seems like it was $129.-149. Had to plan, save for a while to swing that.
21st and Memorial? They used to have a decent sporting goods section.

Do you remember when Penney's had guns?

Sounds like you and I grew up in the same area.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t remember Penneys’ having guns. Clothing store is all I remember. Yes, Skaggs at 21 st & Memorial.
They did. Bought a Benjamin air rifle there in the 70s.

I went with Dad and his buddy to Looboyle's way back and Dad bought a brand-new Remington 1100. I think he paid 139 bucks for it.

I know I bought a Marlin 336 at the KMart on 21st with my first "real" paycheck. (of course Dad had to buy it for me)

Latest posts

Top Bottom