Oklahoma law change would let 18-year-olds buy a handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, I was 19 carrying an m4 with an M203 grenade launcher under it in a foreign country, but I wasn't "Adult" enough to buy a pistol to protect myself and my (now ex) wife stateside? How does that make sense? Granted, back then you could buy long guns at 18, but the point still stands. I think that if you're old enough to move out on your own and make it in the world, you're old enough to buy a firearm to protect yourself.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not superior, but if the individual is willing to give their life defending those that won’t, they are an adult.
Just because you make it through basic training doesn't make you a competent gun owner. I've had a number of soldiers that made me nervous handling a gun. It's not so much age (physically) but mentally. I've met 10-year-olds I would trust with a gun more than some I've met in their 30's. We just need to establish a baseline, is it 18, or is it 21, is it ??

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because you make it through basic training doesn't make you a competent gun owner. I've had a number of soldiers that made me nervous handling a gun. It's not so much age (physically) but mentally. I've met 10-year-olds I would trust with a gun more than some I've met in their 30's. We just need to establish a baseline, is it 18, or is it 21, is it ??
Not many 10 year olds offering to die for their country. Not speaking about gun handling only but the military does breach on the subject.. old enough to volunteer for the military makes you an adult in my book.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not many 10 year olds offering to die for their country. Not speaking about gun handling only but the military does breach on the subject.. old enough to volunteer for the military makes you an adult in my book.
Can't quite go that far. I've know several people that were "old enough to volunteer for the military", but I wouldn't trust them to wield a butter knife, let alone a firearm. Fortunately, those that escape the Darwin test eventually reach the age of responsibility and respectability.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't quite go that far. I've know several people that were "old enough to volunteer for the military", but I wouldn't trust them to wield a butter knife, let alone a firearm. Fortunately, those that escape the Darwin test eventually reach the age of responsibility and respectability.
Just because they are old enough doesn’t mean they have enough fortitude to sign their life away. If they do sign up though they are grown enough to be an adult. They will get some training and will be forced to become an adult. Look I know people in their 50s that never moved out of her mom’s basement., These are obviously people that never joined the military and never grew up. I guess it’s just hard to understand for those that have never served but I believe once someone signed their name and serve their country they should be considered an adult

Latest posts

Top Bottom