Oklahoma made..Spartan Auto Knives???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I was in Wilshire Gun looking around to kill some time and spotted an OTF auto knife made here in Oklahoma....Guthrie??

Spartan Auto Knife:

Seemed well made, solid, and reasonably priced.

Has anyone heard of these knives? Own one? Testify for the maker and reliability of the knife??

http://steelriverknives.com/product/s1-2/

steelriverknives.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_07_3_400x267.png

steelriverknives.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_07_5.png

steelriverknives.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_07_2_400x267.png

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally believe they're Chinese made and the seller puts in a stronger spring...which is Oklahoma made.

***I think the sales person at Wilshire Gun was mistaken when he said the "knife" was made in Oklahoma.

440 c blade material and a zinc oxide handle housing....just doesn't seem American /Oklahoma made. Just the springs in the knife.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spoke with this person over email when I saw a ad for these on armslist, I was hunting for a microtech, ran across these, he couldn't answer my questions especially when I said they resemble microtechs a lot, I decided to not give him my business, just me.

soonerblake007

New to the site!
Reaction score
Wilshire Gun Retail employee here: Some of his stuff is hit and miss with quality. The OTF knifes have way too much blade wiggle for me. The Damascus metal really isn't Damascus, and some of the blades are more dull than a dinner knife. But some of his stuff is pretty sharp (we just got in a bunch of bowie knives and other hunting knifes that have a decent edge) and the leather sheaths seem to be made well. I bought on of his generic flipper blades for around $20 (after employee discount) and it was really sharp when I got it. But as others have mentioned, its not really great quality metal for most blades so it seems to dull quickly. I bought a brand new pocket/ketchain OTF knife we just got in and 2 days later its already stopped working and screws are coming loose fast. Overall, I dont recommend them. We have Benchmade and Spyderco and CRKT which are 10000 times better quality.

Blakew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are a nothing special. Cheap steel blade with magnesiun cast handles. I went to a gun show where 3 different people had the same style knife just like the pictutr you posted. Must be someone that cranks out the pieces so others can assemble and call then custom made. Save up your money and get a microtech

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wilshire Gun Retail employee here: Some of his stuff is hit and miss with quality. The OTF knifes have way too much blade wiggle for me. The Damascus metal really isn't Damascus, and some of the blades are more dull than a dinner knife. But some of his stuff is pretty sharp (we just got in a bunch of bowie knives and other hunting knifes that have a decent edge) and the leather sheaths seem to be made well. I bought on of his generic flipper blades for around $20 (after employee discount) and it was really sharp when I got it. But as others have mentioned, its not really great quality metal for most blades so it seems to dull quickly. I bought a brand new pocket/ketchain OTF knife we just got in and 2 days later its already stopped working and screws are coming loose fast. Overall, I dont recommend them. We have Benchmade and Spyderco and CRKT which are 10000 times better quality.

Thanks very much for the honest report here, sb007! And welcome to OSA!

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw these at Big boys in Mustang last week.The ones I looked at were close to $150.00. I had bought some protechs the day before.Quality wise the protechs feel like a Mercedes s class, the Spartans felt like a pinto.

Latest posts

Top Bottom