Oklahoma man on motorcycle died after hitting a deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rode bikes for many years without hitting any critters other than bugs.
Closest was leading 10 bikes out of Fairfax one night after dinner at Jumps. No moon so it was pitch black. Was going around a big sweeper north of town when something told me to get on the brakes. I did and a full grown Angus bull appeared in the headlights making the breaking go to emergency levels, finally stopping about 10’ away.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, had a similar experience years ago about dusk, back country road. Buck jumped just up out of my lane side ditch on the pavement and froze. Locked up my Goldwing as much as I could, asphalt so had both the front and rear tires squeaking from braking. Was afraid to change lanes as he would be bolting in front of me if he decided to move. Not going to get stopped was running through my mind. Then as I was close enough to hear his hoof's scratching the pavement as he took off, prob still 20-30mph. Just brushed his behind leg with my foot peg, not hard enough to put me in the ditch, but way too close for comfort. Next day I rode through there and my tire braking marks were still very visible.

I also have hit a fat June Bug square in the forehead I had to stop and peal off on a 750 H2 Kawasaki one night layed down with my chin on the spedo/tack area going through the gears at about 120mph one night. That one about knocked me off the bike. Yep, good old days.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked a bad wreck last month, fella and his girl hit a deer just outside city limits. Deer only flew about 10 yards from the impact site, driver and passenger got thrown 40 yards into the ditch, and their bike slid another 30 yards past them. She just had busted ribs and a concussion, the guy's leg was snapped in three spots and he had pretty gnarly head trauma. No helmets or leather.

Latest posts

Top Bottom