Oklahoma Primary Election

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And let's not delude ourselves. The vast majority of opiate addicts in Oklahoma aren't shooting Mexican smack. They're just abusing forms of oxy they get from people abusing medicaid and/or insurance claims and/or stealing it. It's way easier to get cheap pills and mark it up than to traffic the stuff in.

Just ask any medical professional.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And let's not delude ourselves. The vast majority of opiate addicts in Oklahoma aren't shooting Mexican smack. They're just abusing forms of oxy they get from people abusing medicaid and/or insurance claims and/or stealing it. It's way easier to get cheap pills and mark it up than to traffic the stuff in.

Just ask any medical professional.
True. I won't argue that opiate addicts get medically provided drugs, and its the medical professionals in some cases adding to the problem.
I'm not in that field, but don't we have a system in place now to identify junkies doctor shopping?
We had the County DA give a presentation to us awhile back about kids having pharm parties. They come to a location and drop some stolen pills into a container, and then take them randomly.
Results in a lot of ER visits.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Making these drugs illegal has done absolutely nothing to slow it down in the last 30 years.
Putting an addict in prison is akin to treating a head cold with a preparation H suppository. it doesnt work and the head cold just gets worse.
We can keep locking up people just because we are mad at them for using a drug that the feds have deemed illegal. The Dept. of corrections needs to be actually trying to help correct these folks instead of warehouse them, only to be released and reoffend.
All over a drug.
How about we spend that 4 billion a year we currently waste on the WODs and use it for something that may actually provide some positive results and cost a **** ton less.
I dont want to see heroin (and all the others) for sale in the head shops, but it needs to be decriminalized completely, let the addicts out of prison and place them in rehab or other mental health facilities. If they relapse, at least they are given a fighting chance to get better. They will never get that chance in prison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom