Oklahoma Self Defense Act (pdf)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KT Bob

New to the site!
Reaction score
Being a new member. I have question regarding CCL is there any possibilty that the law might be changed to where a licenced carry may enter a Bank, Post office or school with out disarming themselves?
I am glad I found this web sight.
Not sure I got this in the right place. if not need directions.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a new member. I have question regarding CCL is there any possibilty that the law might be changed to where a licenced carry may enter a Bank, Post office or school with out disarming themselves?
I am glad I found this web sight.
Not sure I got this in the right place. if not need directions.

1. OK law does not prohibit carry in a bank. The owner can post private property; trespassing charge potential.
2. The Post Office is Federal law prohibited as well as state law. Get used to it as it won't go away.
3. Based on the freak reaction by OU's Boren and some others over modifying carry on college campuses, a new law allowing carry in Primary, Seconday, and VOTEC does not seem likely any time soon in OK. Best I recall, only Utah allows it.
http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2007_2_.pdf

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a link to the Oklahoma Self Defense Act form the OSBI website in PDF form.

http://www.osbi.state.ok.us/PublicServices/SDA/SDA_Lawbook_2005.pdf

Wouldn't this apply:
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
Isn't the Cox Center owned or leased by OKC?

If so it would appear that carrying there would be prohibited posted or not...

What am I missing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom