Oklahoma Shooters has made me better

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. It made me a better shooter and a better person. When I first started here, I was less than perfect. First, I though I knew everything and had a chip on my shoulder I was wanting someone to knock off. Not sure why but sure wish I wasn't. Learned a lot of patients here and how good people are. Terry, druryj, Dennis, RickN, Mac....if I go any further, I'll have to use a few pages, but so many really good people. People I enjoy and tried to be more like. It's made a difference.
I've not had the ability to be on as much as I would have liked because of Med. things but that was my loss.
I'll give you an example of how good the people are here, one of our members and his wife, found out I was in the hospital having a surgery and they came by to visit my wife and I. (She had been sleeping in the room for about 10 days and she so appreciated Terry and wife coming by. Thanks Terry. Truth is, I could have had a room full of OSA people if I had asked. When you know that you have that kind of generous support from local members, makes a difference how you recover.

I've been a poor friend at times, but I think I've gotten much better.
I just felt like I needed to share this and to say thanks to the many people here I've neglected to say thanks to.

Bless you all
Allen

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
^^^ what MM said !! It is people like you that make the sight as good as it is . The old saying is you cannot please everyone and it holds true here . We all are learning to be better people or better buttheads just depends on what you want out of life . Enjoyed meeting you at the ENS and enjoy reading about your shooting and gun escapades.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to tell a little story about @steelfingers .
We were at an EnS and I had just got me a new P365. After a little break in and time to get familiar with it I started popping off 5 quick rounds. Well hell, I was all over the target using115 gr ammo. Allen came over and was looking over my shoulder at the dang mess I was making of my target. He walked off and came back with a box of 124 gr and said try these and let's see what happens. My gosh! My groups tightened up immediately and immensely! Wouldn't take any money for the ammo either. I have never run anything else in the little carry gun since and never will. Unfortunately we haven't been able to a get together because he has been feeling bad. But I tell you this when I have gone to EnS's since I always carry an extra box of 124 gr in hope of paying him back. Some may wonder why I call him Steelman. It's because he has looked death in the eye and came back out on this side.. You're always in my prayers Steelman...

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Allen,

First of all, thanks for your kind words, but as you stated, any number of OSA members here would have done as much as we did, and perhaps even more. It is "almost" always a pleasure to meet OSA individuals, but it was a real pleasure to be able to meet both you and your wife that day. I was also quite pleased to see the number of your family members with your wife the day of your surgery. You seem to have a wide spread "family of the blood." In our case, I sincerely hope that the wife and I, as well as all the OSA members are members of your "family of the heart."

Prayers still continue for you and your family. Hang in there.

And, thanks again.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Allen, by now you know I am not good with words, but you are one of the people here that I look up to.
If I was only allowed to visit one site on the web, this would be it.

I almost forgot but wanted to mention a running joke we have here at home, if I ever scored a big lottery win we would need a bigger house. In part because of the indoor range I want, but mostly to hold the top end gun safes I would want for you guys guns. If you ever HAD to sell one to raise money, I would buy it, tag it with your name, and keep it for a couple years giving you a chance to buy it back.

Of course I would need a couple of safes for the guns I buy for me too. :P

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom