Oklahoma Shooters. I bid you farewell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL...the snake reference was masterful. All he needed to do instead of quit is to ask the people who offended him "what are you a resident of Elohim City?" We need more humor and satire on here, well played.

I don’t have a problem with the snake handlers & arsenic drinkers. I don’t wanna attend service there, seems a mite risky to me, but hey, it’s their rodeo. They can ride the ponies however they like.

I have a problem with them dispensing their religious beliefs on unknowing innocents and withholding medical care from children and disparaging other folks chosen religion. Glass houses and all that ****. If you’re gonna handle the serpents and drink the poison, and let your children die while you pray and lay hands on them and cover them in oil, you have no standing to complain about anyone else sprinkling their kids.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You absolutely cannot take a Baptist fishing with you. He will drink all your beer.

Take two, then neither of them will drink any.
I don't know, the Catholics would give them a run for the money on that LOL. But they just wouldn't try to hide it :) or scorn others for doing it.
I don’t have a problem with the snake handlers & arsenic drinkers. I don’t wanna attend service there, seems a mite risky to me, but hey, it’s their rodeo. They can ride the ponies however they like.

I have a problem with them dispensing their religious beliefs on unknowing innocents and withholding medical care from children and disparaging other folks chosen religion. Glass houses and all that ****. If you’re gonna handle the serpents and drink the poison, and let your children die while you pray and lay hands on them and cover them in oil, you have no standing to complain about anyone else sprinkling their kids.
I see some of that as a violation of not putting the Lord to the test. But I will say, although denying a kid medical treatment is wrong, there is a fine line when the gov't is involved. Among other things, in blue areas there have been all sorts of forced treatments including gender affirmation related stuff that the parents didn't want. We should walk a fine line when the "community" gets involved in parental decisions. Some might think you are abusive or guilty of neglect if you feed your kid too much junk food and chemical processed food (and in my opinion it is, but in a "soft" way)...or not feeding them soy milk or making them be vegans. Or taking them to church is brainwashing, etc...But maybe the parent feeding the junk food doesn't know better, or can't afford the Whole Foods diet. VERY complex issue...That's why abortion is going back to a state's rights issue. Although it is the worst-case example of whether the community should intervene or not. But I've seen headlines of babies who died from being fed nothing but raw fruit and almond milk and stuff like that, and in some of those cases the parents are charged or if alive the kids are removed from them. Sry, couldn't help to opine, you opened a can of philosophical worms here.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Baptist are the worst ! pat you on the back O gosh no i don"t drink!! while there trying to hide their whiskey from you. (real story)

Oh NO! You haven't lived until you been raised in the church of Christ. 🙄🙄 "We" wrote to book on sanctimonious nose-thumbing. NOBODY'S getting through the Pearly Gates except us "good" C of C-ers. 😉😂😂

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh NO! You haven't lived until you been raised in the church of Christ. 🙄🙄 "We" wrote to book on sanctimonious nose-thumbing. NOBODY'S getting through the Pearly Gates except us "good" C of C-ers. 😉😂😂
I think all religious groups fit that mold. The best and worst people I’ve ever met have been at church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom