Oklahoma Shooters. I bid you farewell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-pitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what fellas? I can tolerate a lot of things. While as a member of Oklahoma shooters I have been trolled, I have been wrong. I have been proven wrong. I’ve tried to learn all of my lessons as best as I could and become a valid member of this community. But lately it seems I’ve become more and more offended by things that are getting posted. The latest one is a remark about members of the Catholic faith. I am Catholic and I was deeply offended by something that was put on here, and more importantly something that was allowed to remain on here. Therefore, I feel very since I am not part of the solution I am part of the problem. I’m afraid I’m gonna have to move on. I wish all of you well. I’ve met some good guys. I hope you live long lives. I hope you live happy lives. Take care.

Mike
If you leave, the site will be left with the bad seeds and will have one less stand up member. Please stay and help keep this site a decent place.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was offended by someone a while back and wanted to leave.
I know how you feel.

I stay out of politics and religion and sports.
I joined here for other things than that.
There is a car forum I am on and it states NO Political Posts.
It is nice there.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not Catholic and wasn’t offended by the diatribe that’s played out. However the mods should have shut it down out of respect to the OP.
The only thing I think the mods could've done better would've been (as was suggested in the thread itself) to move those comments into a new thread. Posting them in that thread was, IMHO, incredibly disrespectful to the OP, as it had no bearing whatsoever on the topic being discussed and only brought unnecessary drama.

And the sad fact is that the well-known atheist set a better example in that thread by steering clear of the religious aspects...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing I think the mods could've done better would've been (as was suggested in the thread itself) to move those comments into a new thread. Posting them in that thread was, IMHO, incredibly disrespectful to the OP, as it had no bearing whatsoever on the topic being discussed and only brought unnecessary drama.

And the sad fact is that the well-known atheist set a better example in that thread by steering clear of the religious aspects...
It was a religious thread from the first post, it was even stated so in the title, quickly it became one denomination believes one thing, one believes another which despite ruffling feathers, has a bearing on one's answer to Saddlebum's question. Saddlebum asked what everyone's thoughts were from Christ believers, and they were given. Could have been moved to the Religious forum I guess, Saddlebum knows that forum exists as well though, and that's not where he started it. There are currently two Religious forums to choose from actually, and yet there are two Prayer threads in the General Discussion forum right now, one has actively been there since 12/18/20 and the other since yesterday morning, and I know there's been several other threads asking for prayer over the last few months (including Saddlebum's prayer thread), and nobody has asked for them to be moved.

As far as moving comments into a new thread, I'm not sure we've ever done that, but correct me if I'm mistaken. We've merged similar threads many times, but to my knowledge we've not taken comments from one thread and just started a new thread with them.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what fellas? I can tolerate a lot of things. While as a member of Oklahoma shooters I have been trolled, I have been wrong. I have been proven wrong. I’ve tried to learn all of my lessons as best as I could and become a valid member of this community. But lately it seems I’ve become more and more offended by things that are getting posted. The latest one is a remark about members of the Catholic faith. I am Catholic and I was deeply offended by something that was put on here, and more importantly something that was allowed to remain on here. Therefore, I feel very since I am not part of the solution I am part of the problem. I’m afraid I’m gonna have to move on. I wish all of you well. I’ve met some good guys. I hope you live long lives. I hope you live happy lives. Take care.

Mike
Don't go.....

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mike

Please stay. Do not allow the idiots of the world deprive you of the pleasure you receive when reading other topics on this forum.

I limit what I read to keep my mind from being harmed by their stupidity. Hope you can try to do the same.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as moving comments into a new thread, I'm not sure we've ever done that, but correct me if I'm mistaken. We've merged similar threads many times, but to my knowledge we've not taken comments from one thread and just started a new thread with them.
I don't know that the mods here have done that, but it is a course of action that I have taken as a mod on another forum.

Perhaps I should've said "done differently" rather than "done better," because I don't think the mods did anything wrong, and didn't intend to imply that they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom