Oklahoma Shooters. I bid you farewell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These "I'm leaving" threads are silly. Y'all wouldn't have lasted in the beginning of OSA to say the least.

I didn't get the huge insult..... it's a matter of opinion and honestly.... it's what is done all the time on this site. Someone has a strong opinion on their chosen religion? GO figure. I've been told multiple times about how I'm basically going to hell because I don't believe what others believe. Christians are good people after all. Either way, I have some strong opinions too, but I choose to stay out of those forums, because honestly, I'm all for those individuals practicing and believing their faith..... so long as they leave me alone.

OSA is known for tangents in threads, personally, I felt like that was one of the few where people should have backed off with the religious chest thumping but that's just me.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These "I'm leaving" threads are silly. Y'all wouldn't have lasted in the beginning of OSA to say the least.

I didn't get the huge insult..... it's a matter of opinion and honestly.... it's what is done all the time on this site. Someone has a strong opinion on their chosen religion? GO figure. I've been told multiple times about how I'm basically going to hell because I don't believe what others believe. Christians are good people after all. Either way, I have some strong opinions too, but I choose to stay out of those forums, because honestly, I'm all for those individuals practicing and believing their faith..... so long as they leave me alone.

OSA is known for tangents in threads, personally, I felt like that was one of the few where people should have backed off with the religious chest thumping but that's just me.
As I’ve said, I shouldn’t have started in with what I did. I know that wasn’t right to do that to saddlebum. And I didn’t mean to derail the thread like I did. But other than that, I stand by the things I said.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it funny that some of y’all say you’re offended by what I said about Catholics but then you get on here and call me stupid and and idiot. Or a bad apple. Call me whatever you want. I don’t care. Im not the type that gets offended. But apparently a lot of y’all are. I will admit that I shouldn’t have turned the thread into what it became. That was wrong of me. But instead of leaving, have a conversation with me about your beliefs. Im happy to debate anyone that wants to.

And I don’t recall saying anything bad about anyone that is Catholic. I just said Catholics aren’t Christians. And I stand by that.
So for the sake of understanding, how are Catholics NOT Christian if by definition all you have to be is a follower of Christ to be considered a Christian. Also Catholicism falls under Christianity along with Protestantism, Lutherism, Methodism, Eastern Orthodox, etc. Now let’s look at the most basic core belief, and we’ll use Protestants. The main belief in Protestantism is that your faith and belief in Christ will get you into Heaven. Catholicism in contrast believes that in order to get into Heaven, your life’s works (living a life worthy of Heaven) along with faith and belief in Christ. So now I ask, how does that make Catholics not Christians?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeap. This place, and Oklahoma in general can be pretty inhospitable to people who are agnostic or something other than the popular denomination. My entire family, and in-laws too, are all great people, but don’t look favorably on my beliefs, after becoming agnostic/bordering on atheism after 18 years of being raised Protestant. If I turned and ran every time somebody talked about “people going to hell if they don’t love Jesus” or quit every time somebody in earshot talked about “if I’m not a Christian I must be a liberal destroying our nation“ Then I wouldn’t be living here, or partaking in much in life. But I chose to not care.

The sum of the parts is much more than the couple of squeaky hinges getting the grease, or whatever they say, right? Use that ignore button, figure out what things hurt your feelers, and either avoid them, or mentally prepare yourself to go in to those threads with the intention of having a friendly discussion. If you wanna take a biblical look upon the situation, flip that big ol’ book over to Proverbs 27:17. “As iron sharpens iron, so does one man sharpen another” Or something like that, I’m going off the top of my head, HoLeChit International Standard Version. While this verse is a terrible, inaccurate lesson on metallurgy, it does offer some wisdom on relationships with other human beings. Avoid blocking out those yucky mean words, use them to your advantage. Use them as motivation to strengthen what you believe, or to have a healthy discussion. Easier to learn how to do those things over the internet behind a keyboard, and then slowly introduce them to your “real life”. So, don’t leave for the sake of “being comfortable“, stand up and face whatever hurts your feelings head on, and learn how to become a better man from it.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say get a new church and read the Bible. I don’ memorize it like the debaters do but read it and think about it. Some believe if you don’t speak tongues your not christIan.

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without [a]your works, and I will show you my faith by [b]my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is [c]dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made [d]perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was [e]accounted to him for righteousness.”And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m all for freedom of speech, but I live my life under my own set of rules and values. I make it a policy to not discuss religion or politics with someone I don’t know well and never loan money to relatives. I just a grouchy old man trying to keep my blood pressure down.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was raised catholic but consider myself agnostic. This forum should not really have too much religion involved. It should mainly revolve around the 2nd Amendment. HB I consider you a valued member. We all don't always agree, but that is life in general. Just like work I may not agree/like some of my co-workers I still come to work every day.
The second amendment is under the constitution for one nation under GOD. Our country seams to be loosing some of that. We need his help now more than ever.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being Catholic is almost an ethnic thing so in that respect I'll always be. But the pervs and the woke pope finally drove me away. Yeah, a lot of protestants repeat misguided things and mistakenly think Catholics worship idols and the virgin Mary. I see it from both sides as someone who was raised Catholic too. I'm not sure what was said that caused the offense so I'd love to read it and debate it if they were wrong. But I'm not going to play the Catholic race card about it...Please stay brother...I'll back you up if we need to debate someone.

The Church has done more good historically in the world than most others, but it is also the biggest target for the enemy. Protestants should remember that...they have their share of pervs and corruption too, but the sheer size and stature of the Catholic church drowns all that out. I have no issue with someone pointing out something bad that people within the organization did or said. And I too have had questions about some of the doctrines which is partly why I drifted away. But nobody should attack all Catholics or "rank & file" Catholics...the Church is divided between libs and conservatives just like a lot of other organizations...LOTS of internal politics involved. I did notice that even the conservative Catholics seem to love the shots though (just from my non-scientific observations).

Don't leave, we can figure it out. someone send me the thread link. Nobody on this board is a victim. And the atheists want division among the believers so also consider that. We are not the Shia and Sunni here LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom