Oklahoma State Fair / Concealed Carry Prohibited

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont recall asking someone to brandish a firearm.

I'm just saying is anyone is going to carry and use the dialogue from this thread in their defense if they get confronted by the Police.

I've carried there just about every year for the last decade. I won't be confronted by the police because I carry properly...and if for some strange reason I did have contact with the police, I wouldn't use the "dialogue from this thread" as my defense. I would use the law as it is written.

It's actually pretty clear if you read it. And it only requires answering one question: Has a government entity designated the place a park or fairground? The answer is yes...therefore it cannot be prohibited from lawful carry and everything else is moot, including the "position" of OSF Inc.'s lawers.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I answered my own question by going to the fair today. No frisking, wanding or hassles carrying. Did see a carny getting cuffed at his venue by OKCPD about 8:30 this evening. Not sure why, doubt he was brandishing or refusing to leave ;)

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Accidental exposure is classified as a misdemeanor? Felony? Or...administrative violation?

Edited to add: I'm looking for chapter and verse on the accidental exposure. I can't seem to locate it?

Also, FWIW, "brandish" returns ONE result when searching the criminal code, under section 1362, Crimes against the Public Peace. No actual definition of "brandishing" as a separate crime. There's always felony pointing, though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom