Oklahoma Stores that sell Misurp and Memorabilia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawnpat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive spent a bit of time looking around the Tulsa Area for a store that sells Milsurp and WW2 / historical memorabilia, and only have found one store (Sooners Guns) that even sells older rifles and pistols. Anyone know any good places that have plenty of older guns or just items from the world wars? I love the old daggers and flags, just cant seem to find anywhere that sells them. Preferably in Tulsa or within an hour, but I would go exploring if recommended a good shop. Thanks.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so much on other memorabilia, but Big Boys Guns, Ammo, and Range in Mustang, OK used to have a bunch of milsurp rifles in racks out on the floor of their store. Literally out in the open for one to pick up and check over.

Big Boys Guns, Ammo, and Range

o.jpg

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be several stores like that in Tulsa. The owners died, retired, moved on to bigger and better things as the milsurp dried up.
As I get older I have thought about reopening my place. Then I think about how much it makes you tied down and the wife and I want to travel. (4 years til kids are out of school) At least I used a ton of moth balls to keep the moths and mice out of the stuff when I put it into the storage containers. Just in case . Maybe some day.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Save yourself the trouble and don't go to Big Boys. It was once a decent source for milsurps, but their current selection and prices are laughable...like $700 for a K31 or Finn M91 laughable.

Brigadoons no longer carries firearms and most of the items currently in their store are just cheap, made in China survival gear. Not really a good place to find collectibles or older militaria.

C&J's has a small number of milsurps, but normally nothing to get excited over. Most of the interesting militaria/ collectibles that you might find in their store are just decorations and NFS.

If you do make it to OKC, stop by Trader Mikes and Windy Gap Military Collectibles. Mike's prices are normally high retail (unless he doesn't know what he has), but at least he'll dicker with you on pricing (unless you happen to piss him off). Bill at Windy Gap isn't in the office regularly, but you can probably call him in advance and set up an appointment if you know that you're going to be in town.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Save yourself the trouble and don't go to Big Boys. It was once a decent source for milsurps, but their current selection and prices are laughable...like $700 for a K31 or Finn M91 laughable.

Brigadoons no longer carries firearms and most of the items currently in their store are just cheap, made in China survival gear. Not really a good place to find collectibles or older militaria.

C&J's has a small number of milsurps, but normally nothing to get excited over. Most of the interesting militaria/ collectibles that you might find in their store are just decorations and NFS.

If you do make it to OKC, stop by Trader Mikes and Windy Gap Military Collectibles. Mike's prices are normally high retail (unless he doesn't know what he has), but at least he'll dicker with you on pricing (unless you happen to piss him off). Bill at Windy Gap isn't in the office regularly, but you can probably call him in advance and set up an appointment if you know that you're going to be in town.

Lucas, do you have more info on locations?

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lucas, do you have more info on locations?

Trader Mikes is located at Reno and May. It's an antique shop, but he has a better militaria selection than any other antique shop in town. I enjoyed his previous shop where you actually had access to the militaria section and could dig through everything. Now everything is located in and behind display cases which makes it a pain to inspect or see the prices on most items. I rarely stop in anymore because of this.

Windy Gap militaria is located in MWC behind the Burger King that is just south of the intersection of Midwest Blvd and Reno. The owner also owns the Burger King and the shop doubles as his office.

Neither location sells firearms, only military collectibles.

There was a great military surplus store in Tulsa that closed 2-3 years back. Unfortunately I only had the opportunity to visit it once back in 2014. I can't recall the name or cross streets that it was located on. It's been many years since there was a shop in OKC that had as much USGI surplus on hand...especially WWI - Vietnam era items.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom