Oklahoma straight party voting results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
42% of all voters marked straight party. Of those, 70% marked Republican.

"The Secretary of the State Election Board released a statement today regarding the November 8 General Election and voter turnout.

Statement from Secretary Paul Ziriax:

"For election officials, the General Election is our Super Bowl. No election is perfect, but overall this one went pretty smoothly. I want to offer a big 'thank you' to all of the poll workers, county election board members and staff, State Election Board staff, and other election officials who worked very hard to ensure Oklahomans were able to vote in a free and fair election. I am very appreciative of our partner agencies who help us protect Oklahoma's election system and keep it secure. And I want to thank the voters who took time to exercise their right to vote."

Additional Information about Oklahoma's 2022 General Election:

Official pre-election voter registration showed 2,295,906 registered voters in Oklahoma. At the 2018 gubernatorial election, there were 2,120,843 registered voters.

Preliminary, unofficial 2022 General Election results show turnout to be about 50.3% of registered voters. This compares to 56.15% of registered voters in 2018.

Preliminary, unofficial 2022 General Election results show about 1.155 million ballots scanned – about 36,000 fewer than the nearly 1.191 million in 2018.

Preliminary, unofficial 2022 General Election results show more than 480,000 voters marked "straight party" – 69.82% for Republicans, 29.08% for Democrats, and 1.10% for
Libertarians.
(Reminder: A vote for an individual candidate overrides a "straight party" mark.)

Election Results are unofficial until certified. Any provisional ballots determined to be eligible will be counted by County Election Boards and added to the vote totals on Friday, November 11. County Election Boards meet on Friday, November 11 at 5PM to certify county-level election results. The State Election Board meets on Tuesday, November 15 at 5PM to certify results for federal and state races."

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. Some of my very left leaning acquaintances are blaming the straight party voters for Joy losing. I don’t get that argument. Seems like a straight party vote helps the candidates at the bottom of the ballot more than the one at the top.

Thoughts?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Some of my very left leaning acquaintances are blaming the straight party voters for Joy losing. I don’t get that argument. Seems like a straight party vote helps the candidates at the bottom of the ballot more than the one at the top.

Thoughts?
They had the same option to vote straight ticket. What's their beef?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sour grapes. Joy's loss was because OK is still a very red state that's not willing to elect a liberal democrat as governor. Democrats also had a net loss of over 40,000 registered voters over the past two years while republicans had a net gain of something like 115,000.

Those 1/4 of democrat voter straight ticket ballots are not the reason she lost.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had the same option to vote straight ticket. What's their beef?
Their beef is that the system worked. Liberals think that all states should mirror Kommiefornia, et al, viz. elections should be stolen for the kommie kandidate.

Liberals cannot handle dialogue. They demand monologue. And whenever they seize power, they enforce it out of the barrel of a gun. (Cf. Stalin, Mao, Hitler..)

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thoughts?
They may have been counting on all the Rs voting for Joy in spite of voting R on down the ballot, remember she was a "Republican" once, and Libs really counted on the anti-Stitt vote.

The passion they felt about getting Stitt out obviously wasn't felt by all, lol.

CountryLivin'

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thoughts?
My experience is when things dont go there way the libs are always going to find something to cry about. It's always their way or no way. I'd tell them to grow a pair and STFU

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sour grapes. Joy's loss was because OK is still a very red state that's not willing to elect a liberal democrat as governor. Democrats also had a net loss of over 40,000 registered voters over the past two years while republicans had a net gain of something like 115,000.

Those 1/4 of democrat voter straight ticket ballots are not the reason she lost.
i read an article yesterday.

It stated that Joy H changed to D, not because she agreed with anything the D stands for, but because she didn't want to face Stitt in a primary that she was certain to lose.

I'm not believing a word of it, except her getting thrashed in a primary with Stitt. Remember she wrote a letter tom Stitt, castigating him for not shutting down the state, and closing all the stores.

She is a leftist, and a "power to the State" believer. You'll notice that in none of her ads, none of her signs, none of her radio spots does she mention she is a D.

I think she is also, at the core of it, a political opportunist.

She was elected State School Super as an R, claiming she would reform. She got in office, discovered the political machine that is the NEA and the OK Teachers union, and thought she had enough power - if she could harness it, to move on to a bigger and cushier job.

She swapped parties to try to do just that betraying everyone that voted to put her in.

Former Governors almost always get some high-paying corporate job after office. Mostly for their rollodex and connections.

She is nothing but another hog that wants to feed perpetually at the taxpayer trough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom