Oklahoma Uninsured Vehicle Enforcement Diversion Program Letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that option as well, @KOPBET. I tried to sign up but it is limited to insurance agents only. My insurance doesn't feel like it is their job to have to deal with an error in this govt system so they basically said best of luck.
Think Id be switching Insurance Companies. Thats pretty Effed up

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never heard of it. Where are the cameras for this? Given the reported number of uninsured drivers this is probably a good money maker for them.

And if my agent told me to bug off on this, I'd be gone in a flash.
If you drive through Norman on Highway 9 at all, you are likely to see a car setting on the shoulder kinda aimed at the road. That's one of them.

And like you, if I ever have to deal with this and my agent didn't want to do their part, then I would be showing them the door super quick.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have your insurance COMPANY take care of it. Some agents don't know a thing past processing the policy paperwork to get paid for their commission. My agent is pretty dang good and she works for several companies as an independent, but IME she's the exception. When I have a claim I call the insurer, not her.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that option as well, @KOPBET. I tried to sign up but it is limited to insurance agents only. My insurance doesn't feel like it is their job to have to deal with an error in this govt system so they basically said best of luck.
I’d be shopping for different insurance. That is horrible customer service.

Barn Dog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need a new agent. I have to do about 2 of these a month for my clients, it takes me all of 2 minutes to correct. Oklahoma has one of the highest rates of uninsured vehicles in the nation. That causes all of our rates to be higher than the national average. Unless you are riding dirty all it should take is a phone call to your agent and it's done.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I said insurance "agent" I actually just meant Nationwide's customer service team. I bought the policy without an agent so don't have a dedicated agent to help me out. That may be one part of this issue.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cameras are usually mounted on the roof of a car that prowls big box retail stores parking lots. I knew a few guys that didn't have insurance --- they'd always back into a parking spot behind another car so the cameras couldn't see their plates.

Interesting. I've seen cars with those cameras while sitting in traffic but didn't know where they were headed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom