Oklahoma Uninsured Vehicle Enforcement Diversion Program Letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunblinder

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I said insurance "agent" I actually just meant Nationwide's customer service team. I bought the policy without an agent so don't have a dedicated agent to help me out. That may be one part of this issue.

Maybe try a local agent, if that doesn’t work, shop around to give them the boot

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that option as well, @KOPBET. I tried to sign up but it is limited to insurance agents only. My insurance doesn't feel like it is their job to have to deal with an error in this govt system so they basically said best of luck.

Yeah, uh no that's complete BS. We do these all the time on the commercial side, only takes a few minutes. Happens frequently because the commercial auto insurance companies generally don't report to this system. Lots of OHP erroneously telling people they don't have insurance as a result.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of it. Where are the cameras for this? Given the reported number of uninsured drivers this is probably a good money maker for them.

And if my agent told me to bug off on this, I'd be gone in a flash.
The one I've seen most often around the Dallas Junction is a smaller dark blue Jeep. The tag reading cameras are roof mounted on it. The lot prowlers are probably repo agents. They have trunk mounted tag readers. The State has no interest in insurance status of a parked vehicle, just those being operated on the roads.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"The goal of the UVED Program is to leverage license plate recognition technology to ensure that all drivers have at least the minimum required amount of liability insurance"
Copied from the UEVD web site

How much you want to bet that the Insurance companies are the ones pushing this program?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"The goal of the UVED Program is to leverage license plate recognition technology to ensure that all drivers have at least the minimum required amount of liability insurance"

How much you want to bet that the Insurance companies are the ones pushing this program?
I don't really care. I don't have any sympathy for someone who drives without insurance.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I hope insurance companies ARE pushing this.

My wife has been hit 3 times from behind. All 3 times, the hitter had no insurance. One didn't even have a valid license.
No tickets were issued, no vehicles impounded.

It cost us OUR insurance deductible all 3 times.

We are out the money, and the time/hassle.

All of this could be solved, if the Legislature would change one word in the law.

When finding a vehicle being operated without insurance, the officer "shall" (not "may") impound the vehicle.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of people driving without insurance either. It’s not uncommon for parties involved in a minor accident to want to “work it out” between themselves to avoid higher insurance rates or tickets. When I was called to these incidents, I’d always ask both drivers for their licenses and insurance verification cards so that I could assist them with exchanging information.

There have been dozens of times when the driver who suggested they work it out between themselves didn't have a license or insurance or both. The other drivers were always surprised because they felt the other person was honest and they were comfortable about working it out.

Then I did an accident report, issued tickets and some went to jail for no license and/or warrants. If both actually did have valid DL and Insurance, I helped with the exchange, no report, no tickets and everyone went away happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom