Oklahoma Uninsured Vehicle Enforcement Diversion Program Letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that option as well, @KOPBET. I tried to sign up but it is limited to insurance agents only. My insurance doesn't feel like it is their job to have to deal with an error in this govt system so they basically said best of luck.
You can call your local congress critter and complain. That is one of their jobs to take care of State stuff. I would do that before I did anything else. Hope this helps.

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that option as well, @KOPBET. I tried to sign up but it is limited to insurance agents only. My insurance doesn't feel like it is their job to have to deal with an error in this govt system so they basically said best of luck.
I would call my local congress critter and let them handle it and get the system fixed before I did anything else. That is what you are paying them for. Hope this helps.

Shelly

New to the site!
Reaction score
Anybody else receive one of these letters? This is the second time I have received one and they claim I don't have insurance. The only way to solve the issue is to have your insurance agent log into their special site (okivs.com) and have them log into an account there. My insurance agent doesn't have an account for their website and I can't even talk to anybody on the phone about this "violation." They just have an automated system that is basically useless for anything other than giving them money. They attached a photo of my vehicle tag as well.

They make it impossible to contest the issue if your insurance agent doesn't have access to their system and expect me to pay $174 because their machine made a mistake. Really would like to know if anybody else has had to deal with this and has any solutions.

View attachment 218814
I just recieved one of these and I HAVE INSURANCE THEN AND NOW. HOW DID YOU RESOLVE THIS.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can call your local congress critter and complain. That is one of their jobs to take care of State stuff. I would do that before I did anything else. Hope this helps.
This isn’t a government problem, it’s an insurance company problem. In this case, the gov’t is actually doing what it’s supposed to do; it’s the insurance company that’s screwing the pooch. Part of the service you’re paying them to provide is reporting the fact that you are paying them to the gov’t—if they can’t be bothered to do that, that’s not the gov’t’s fault.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just recieved one of these and I HAVE INSURANCE THEN AND NOW. HOW DID YOU RESOLVE THIS.
Call your insurance agent and tell them about the letter. If they refuse to fix it, call the insurance commission and file a complaint, then find an insurance carrier that’s capable of living up to their end of their contract with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom