1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Oklahoma vs Florida in the Cotton Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dancer4life, Dec 30, 2020.

1. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That was the best I've seen the Sooners play in a long time! I kept waiting for them to implode, but no, they did good!

:clap3:

Batman47, DavidMcMillan and druryj like this.
  2. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    No mention of the 17 opt out/covid Gators?? Lol

pstmstr, Shinneryfarmer and kwaynem like this.
  3. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'll be honest, and a little confused. Everyone is raving about the defense, but I didn't think the defense looked that good.

The three picks were obviously awesome.

Run defense was good in the first quarter, but once #5 came in the game it seemed like he got 5-8 yards every carry, and they were busting off 12-15 yards pretty often.

The pass defense seemed like Florida could get 10-12 yards anytime they wanted. If we didn't intercept it, I mean...

I mean, we gave up 521 total yards, and 250 of that rushing. I was thinking of that all the way through the game. Then I realized right before the end of the third quarter that they had only given up 13 points.

So a lot of yards, but not that many points. Thank goodness for the three interceptions.

4. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yeah, bunch of SEC/Florida fans are whining about this.

17?? That number keeps growing it seems. Most of those boys were their receiving core, well.... OU was without their best TE, one of their best corners and a number of the playmakers in that game were Freshman.

Every team has dealt with missing players all year. Let's remember a garbage LSU team with a backup QB beat a full strength Florida. Couple that with the fact that OU smoked Florida with a bunch of Freshman and a 1st year QB, those excuses just don't fly.

I mean, Florida is SEC and they are apparently on another level. What's even more pathetic is the Mullens came out and made the same excuse during his press conference. I'd be embarrassed if I was a Florida fan. Coach has sound like a whiney beyotch through his last three losses.

Batman47 and kwaynem like this.
  5. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Agreed. That guy made me nervous. He’s quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It is downright embarrassing. That coach is saying “we didn’t even have to play that bowl game because we didn’t have the numbers on our roster, but the kids wanted to play”. He’s blaming it on their bad judgment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwaynem likes this.
  7. Shinneryfarmer

Shinneryfarmer Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yea, they were a completely different team when they hung with Alabama for 4 qtrs a couple weeks ago. I believe if those 17 had played it would have been Sooners getting a whoppin.

8. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Just wondering how many of those 17 Florida players were actually starters?

9. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It's legitimate to point out that Florida was missing a bunch of starters. When OU had three starters suspended and were missing some other starters for various reasons last year in the playoff game, there were similar statements from OU fans.

Coaches though, shouldn't get up in press conferences and offer excuses. They should uphold a higher standard, IMO.

It is what it is though... both teams have to play under whatever circumstances exist. It would have been interesting if both teams had been at full strength (and let's face it, the missing player aspect was not even). I don't know that Florida would have won, but I think it would have been a tighter game.

I don't really blame their fans though, we'd be saying a lot of the same things if the situation was reversed.

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  10. crrcboatz

crrcboatz Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Two starting edge rushers and 4 starting receivers missing! Come on, in the end Sooners beat up on Florida’s second team except forQb. No bragging rights there