Oklahoma vs Houston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm as down on Stoops as almost anyone but let's not lose our heads here. This was a quality opponent, likely top 10 at the end of the year. We basically go to their place and lose by 10. A single play, had the OU kicker had 2 more yards on the FG attempt, and that's your 10 points. Then throw in the 2 terrible PI calls that extended drives for them and gave them points and the ridiculous TO that actually wasn't that stole a good drive from OU. One of those was a freak play, the other three were controlled by terrible ref's. Change any of that and OU likely wins against a top 10 team on the road.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm as down on Stoops as almost anyone but let's not lose our heads here. This was a quality opponent, likely top 10 at the end of the year. We basically go to their place and lose by 10. A single play, had the OU kicker had 2 more yards on the FG attempt, and that's your 10 points. Then throw in the 2 terrible PI calls that extended drives for them and gave them points and the ridiculous TO that actually wasn't that stole a good drive from OU. One of those was a freak play, the other three were controlled by terrible ref's. Change any of that and OU likely wins against a top 10 team on the road.

Nah, we have to be negative nancy's and scream fire Stoops.

Here is some news....it was the players making the plays, not the coaches........

The coach can't will the receiver to catch the ball, nor throw the ball. They have to work with what they have, and the abilities of those players.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shizz happens. It's just a football game after all. It is supposed to be entertaining, and that it was. I'm not burning my OU shirts just yet.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am curious about how Mayfield will perform in the next tough game

Yeah, it's always hard for me to distinguish between QB error or receiver error. Saw lots of incomplete passes

Man I thought for a while they were putting on a "how not to play clinic" by demonstrating every mistake possible. Wasn't just Mayfield, not by a long shot. And then there were the zebras...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I thought for a while they were putting on a "how not to play clinic" by demonstrating every mistake possible. Wasn't just Mayfield, not by a long shot. And then there were the zebras...

TO ME, it seems like Riley and Bubba Stoops got stumped and didn't know what offense or defense to call. Don't see how this was on Mayfield either, the kid started 9 for 9 and finished 24 for 33. Might as well nickname our secondary "toast".... it's going to be a long season. We play like this and we will be 1-3 starting off after TCU.

Latest posts

Top Bottom