Oklahoma's Kyler Murray Wins 2018 Heisman Trophy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My feelings exactly. All day the talking ESPN heads were voting for Tru and why he should win. They acted like Murray was lucky. He EARNED it all.

Yep, I heard the same. I don't spend a lot of time on sports radio or TV, but was glued to it today with the anticipation of Murray getting the Heisman.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My feelings exactly. All day the talking ESPN heads were voting for Tru and why he should win. They acted like Murray was lucky. He EARNED it all.
ESPN hates OU. Along with many others. Tua is a great player don’t get me wrong but he didn’t deserve to win. I know there were like 90% of the voters still waiting to vote after the title games. Tua had a terrible game against Georgia whereas kyler had an excellent game statistically. If it weren’t for Jaylen Hurts Alabama would have lost.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The SEC has had a YUUUUGE contract with ABC/ESPN for quite some time, so the bias is expected and no secret.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is my understanding that this year’s Heisman voting was structured like this:

870 members of the media (sportswriters) each have a vote. The 58 living Heisman winners each have a vote. And then the fan vote is tabulated and counts as one, for a total of 929 votes. Each person voting can put three on their ballot, first place counts for three points, second place counts for two points, and third place counts for one point. So a little bit of bias by a few people of the media won’t really have that much weight.

In my opinion, it’s a very fair process. If someone can’t think of a better way, then maybe you should submit it to the Heisman Trustees for consideration. Who knows? You might win a prize!

Congratulations to all three candidates however, they all are well deserving. Now bring on the Orange Bowl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last time we were in this situation the other QB win the Heisman and we played wirhna chip on our shoulder and won the National Championship .........soooo, fro, that perspective I wish Tua would have won.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where’s that guy on here who was saying that the writers from the Heisman Board were against Oklahoma?
Dude, really?? That’s 4 in 18 years! Like, 22.5% an OU player is going to win a Heisman in the 2000’s in any given year.

Cry me a river....
Heisman .jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is my understanding that this year’s Heisman voting was structured like this:

870 members of the media (sportswriters) each have a vote. The 58 living Heisman winners each have a vote. And then the fan vote is tabulated and counts as one, for a total of 929 votes. Each person voting can put three on their ballot, first place counts for three points, second place counts for two points, and third place counts for one point. So a little bit of bias by a few people of the media won’t really have that much weight.

In my opinion, it’s a very fair process. If someone can’t think of a better way, then maybe you should submit it to the Heisman Trustees for consideration. Who knows? You might win a prize!

Congratulations to all three candidates however, they all are well deserving. Now bring on the Orange Bowl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
870 and growing. A lot of the voters don't even watch the games and just votes for whoever.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't think of a better way. How should I submit this non-idea to the Heisman Trustees for consideration?

:goodmorning:

Keep it quietly to yourself, don't voice the matter even if asked, and be the picture of denial if questioned. That is one sure fire way you won't have to worry about winning any stoopid prizes. Thanks for your non-idea. It doesn't matter. I'm going to eat another donut and go back to bed. YMMV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom