1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

OKshooters letter of appreciation, encouragement to police proposal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snattlerake, Jun 29, 2020.

1. killerpigeon

killerpigeon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I would also like to know when there are Back The Blue rallies. It's hard to find one, cause of all the bias search engines. Why don't we schedule one here?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Snattlerake and ZGXtreme like this.
  2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I’m in if the site owner is in with it. His private forum and his permission is required to go forward using his brand.

On a side note, I’ve received some emails from others not on OSA to consider some counter protests that are peaceful for all lives and our precious 2A.

I’m in for those as long as it will show conservative values and not a display of who has the baddest big bore sniper rifle worn on the shoulder with a chest rig of ammo.
    One has the absolute right to do so but I’d like to see the approach of reason in political protests from our side of the political spectrum.
    Huge crowds of people carrying signs of Leo support, family values, and crews to put the statues back on the pedestals.

I realize I’ll catch hell for the last paragraph, but in reality it will never happen. The unemployed by choice in some cases with time to loot and riot will gather more public attention than those that work to support the social services that pay the thugs to not work.
    How do we let that happen?

DRC458, DavidMcMillan, chuter and 2 others like this.
  3. Judi

Judi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm in....

4. ZGXtreme

ZGXtreme Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    We’ve wondered where these have been. Self serving to have organized one myself but can only imagine how many more people would show up for one of these if it was held as metro PD’s.

The mere optics of people supporting order over chaos would do wonders in comparison to the numbers showing up on the other side. Their advantage right now though is that they are the only voice being spoken aloud.

Even if it’s not totally pro-Police, it’s pro-American. Maybe July 4th protests to stand up and be visible to those who wish to recreate this country.

The “Redeclaration of Independence of 2020”.

5. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm in.

I'll sign a support letter sent by the forum.

I'll pen my own personal letter to put up on the forum.

I'd be willing to participate in some marches in support of local Law Enforcement and law & order in nearby places - with the caveat that we make it EXTREMELY CLEAR that this is NOT intended to be a Tactical Timmy Rally. I don't intend to bring my AR (for now, that isn't the picture I want to send) for something like this, I'll carry as I carry every day. I would also like to avoid any race-baiting BS. Make it clear anyone who shows up with a sign trying to discriminate be asked to leave.

As long as we have enough notice and it is manageable timewise with my work schedule (I can make some adaptations if need be), I'd be willing to drive a fair distance. I would also be willing to attend multiples. Would have to drive some, but I'm willing.

If we're doing an actual organized rally, I'd suggest we strongly discourage Confederate flags. Just my suggestion, but the bottom line is, regardless of what you think of your 'history', no one ever flying that flag is ever going to be taken seriously again.

6. chuter

chuter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'd like to march in some counter protest, I've been waiting for some movement to pop up and organize, sort of like the tea party did.
    I don't do social media other than this site and a few other forums, I don't know how to make a hashtag go viral and stuff.

I've thought of names like, 'Fight Back', 'Fight the Madness', 'Stand up for Truth', something that could include everyone who is pissed off about what's happening, not just 2A folks.
    Yeah, no tactical timmy show offs for me.

But I'm open to whatever.

DRC458 likes this.
  7. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

So, we have anti=cop communist vandals on one side, and pro-police patriots on the other?

Gonna party like it's Germany 1929?

8. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    We could of course, sit around *****ing and do nothing. We're all pretty damned good at that.

9. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Just like some were suggesting no tactical gear at the rally I also think not having words like "fight" in the event name would be a good idea. No need to have something confrontational in it.

DRC458, tRidiot and DavidMcMillan like this.
  10. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

So what will this event accomplish? Intended goal?