OLAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's everyone's thought on the new Oklahoma Land Access Program that opens up private land for public use?

I think itshe great as long as people be respectful of the property and doesn't trash the place and ruin it for everybody else.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with what you said. It's great as long as ply he public is respectful. When does it go into effect and where do you find these lands?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last I heard there was only a couple of land owners that have signed up.
Don't know why the low count, but maybe outfitters that lease land are giving more money than the OWD? Just speculation on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know why the low count, but maybe outfitters that lease land are giving more money than the OWD? Just speculation on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be that or with this being the first year for the program and not much "advertisement", land owners haven't had the opportunity to enroll. That's my guess

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I can assure you outfitters or private leasers are going to pay more than the state, and with the way I see the general public conduct themselves, I think a landowner would completely nuts to sign up.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money down that it's going to be a total disaster UNLESS there is someone from the state monitoring each location very closely.

I was taught to treat someone else's place better than my own and leave a place better than I found it, but the motto today is "it's not mine, so why should I care?"

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can assure you outfitters or private leasers are going to pay more than the state, and with the way I see the general public conduct themselves, I think a landowner would completely nuts to sign up.

I have to agree with this. Why open your property to the masses when you can lease it to a few people for more money?

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not believe this will be a disaster. Many states have done this with great success! I have personally hunted on these types of lands in Wyoming and Nebraska. Its a great idea and I am very glad to see Oklahoma start it.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not looking forward to it.

If I were a landowner I'd agree with you. But as a public land hunter I'm very excited. Nobody is forcing this on the landowners so if they don't like or agree with it, they don't have to sign up. Now I can see where neighboring property owners will have to make sure they're place is marked with keep out or no trespassing signs and they'll have a potential problem with trespassers. But if neighboring landowners will be proactive and have they're property lines marked I think it will help. Not saying there's a perfect solution. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom