Old ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullspeed

New to the site!
Reaction score
I inherited some REALLY old ammo recently. Where can I safely dispose of this stuff. There are .38 and 9mm as well as a few boxes of brittle shot shells.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot some ammo that was WWII surplus. If it was properly stored, nothing says it shouldn't fire just fine. I've also shot some paper hulled shotgun shells. Have no idea how old those are.
If you don't feel comfortable shooting them, find a reloader that can pull the bullets, and recycle them and the brass. The shotshells are the same. Lead shot is expensive now. Some shot shell reloader would cut the hull to save the pellets, and pour the powder on the ground. Its not toxic.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I inherited some REALLY old ammo recently. Where can I safely dispose of this stuff. There are .38 and 9mm as well as a few boxes of brittle shot shells.
How much .38 and 9mm have you got? I might be interested in salvaging the brass and bullets.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I inherited a lot of 45acp ammo that was stamped in 67-69. Good to go ... and great brass for reloading. Key is that it was stored properly.

As long as your ammo does not look like a chunk of eight month old tuna ... You should be ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom