• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Old colt firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some pretty knowledgeable guys over at the Colt Forum. Com. (Not hyperlinked on purpose). I bet they'd get you a good ballpark figure if you have enough photos. Detailed photos drive price.

Factory engraved drives the price up too. Chances are you'll need to get letters from Colt to verify original condition and possibility of engraving. I think the letters are still around $100 for each gun, but looking at that cost as an investment, a factory letter always brings in at least $100 more during a sale too...a wise investment.

An original condition, factory engraved SAA is worth 2x or more what a refinished and aftermarket engraved example will bring. We're talking thousands of dollars.

Rustytweezers

Wall building Ammunition hoarding Gun packing Okie
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
There are some pretty knowledgeable guys over at the Colt Forum. Com. (Not hyperlinked on purpose). I bet they'd get you a good ballpark figure if you have enough photos. Detailed photos drive price.

Factory engraved drives the price up too. Chances are you'll need to get letters from Colt to verify original condition and possibility of engraving. I think the letters are still around $100 for each gun, but looking at that cost as an investment, a factory letter always brings in at least $100 more during a sale too...a wise investment.

An original condition, factory engraved SAA is worth 2x or more what a refinished and aftermarket engraved example will bring. We're talking thousands of dollars.
Be careful at Colt forum bunch of snakes there that will try to con you outta yours. I would contact Dfarriswheel he’s the most knowledgeable person over there period.

dfariswheel

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Latest posts

Top Bottom