Old Colt SAA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A member of my wife's family showed me an old gun he found in a barn. It was inside a bucket. Turns out it is a Colt SAA, serial # 205XXX, which puts its birthday sometime in 1901. The hammer wouldn't come back and the cylinder wouldn't rotate. If I removed the cylinder then the hammer worked fine, all four clicks loud and clear.
He let me take it home, yesterday I took it all apart and cleaned and polished everything, now it works fine. The barrel is pitted, but not horribly so. The hammer spring could be replaced with a lighter Wolf Spring, but that's up to him. I hope he wants to shoot it, I've got some blackpowder cowboy loads we could use in it.
IMG_0893 (800x533).jpg
IMG_0888 (800x533).jpg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lost treasure. That’s a cool backstory to it. Wonder how long it had been hiding out in the bucket in the barn. Not to mention how did it get there. Questions we will never have the answer to. Congrats on getting your buddies old peacemaker working again

Latest posts

Top Bottom