Old Horror flix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An outstanding homage to the old monster movies of yesteryear is Van Helsing starring and Hugh Jackman Kate Beckinsale.
If you've never seen it, it's like an old monster movie, meets Indiana Jones kinda vibe. It has Count Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the Wolfman and Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde in it. Here's my favorite scene...

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The tv series Kolchak the Night Stalker. I scored all the episodes on dvd last october for $5, mom and I used to watch it on friday nights when I was 8.

The original John Carpenters 1978 Halloween.

John Carpenters Vampires.

Salems Lot, scored it on dvd a few years back, damn barlow.

Silver Bullet is a good one.

An American Werewolf in London.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vampyr, 1931

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari -1920

Caligari is a German impressionist film, several versions are on YouTube. Set the stage for many films to come.

Vampyr is a transition film, just getting into sound. With good special effects and a mostly non-professional cast, it's one of the creepier flicks from that era.

Nosferatu - 1922

A great Dracula flick, long before Lugosi. (Lugosi was still the best, IMHO) Good one to watch for old film buffs though, it's amazing how quickly technology advanced in filmaking from 1920-1930.

"Destiny" or Der mude Tod is another silent worth watching. Pretty grim story, but good.

Not many things better than laying around with the wife next to me watching some of these old masterpieces.

RobertinElkCity

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vampyr, 1931

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari -1920

Caligari is a German impressionist film, several versions are on YouTube. Set the stage for many films to come.

Vampyr is a transition film, just getting into sound. With good special effects and a mostly non-professional cast, it's one of the creepier flicks from that era.

Nosferatu - 1922

A great Dracula flick, long before Lugosi. (Lugosi was still the best, IMHO) Good one to watch for old film buffs though, it's amazing how quickly technology advanced in filmaking from 1920-1930.

"Destiny" or Der mude Tod is another silent worth watching. Pretty grim story, but good.

Not many things better than laying around with the wife next to me watching some of these old masterpieces.
Nosferatu is great!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom