Old Marlin .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old Marlin .22 rifle that I got from my dad. It was his when he was a kid and his dad had it before that. I am pretty sure that it is a Glenfield Model 60. I cleaned the rifle and was going to see if it would work and I noticed that the trigger guard was broke. I don't even know if I can get one anymore. I don't want to take it to the gun shop and pay them a $30 bench fee only for them to tell me it can't be fixed. Does anyone know what gun I am talking about? And do you have any suggestions on how to fix this. I would really like to get this gun functioning. I would really appreciate any help you guys could give. Thanks.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you have is a Marlin Model 60. It was a very common gun and parts are still available for it today.
Some trigger housings were plastic and some were metal so when ordering one be sure to specify which one it is.
www.gunbroker.com will have the parts you want but call your order in to save some money.......

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it not JBWeldable? Or maybe even busy out the mig, grind it, finish it, paint it?
No. The old trigger guard is so brittle it would not hold up. I don't even know what it is made of. I know this sounds crazy but it feels a lot like porcelin. I know I spelled that wrong. That can't be what it is but thats what it feels like. I am just gonna order another one that is higher quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom