Old model Ruger Super Bearcat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I stumbled across this little guy last night and against my better judgment bought it... Its a 1972 Super Bearcat, that is all original down to the numbers matching Brass anodized aluminum trigger guard. I'd say its somewhere between 90-95% for its age. After getting it home I completely stripped it down to the bare frame and cleaned and oiled everything. Now the hard part will be deciding to keep it or if I am going to let my friend who's been hunting one buy it from me......?

From what I have found is that only about 37,000 were made in this configuration.

Last edited:

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, it is nicer in hand of course than that picture, I guess yesterday was just a Ruger day lol. I had my new 10/22 takedown come in and when I went to pick it up I ended up with a 1980 10/22 following me home too.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased a bearcat when they first hit the market. It quickly became my wife's favorite plinker. We would spend hours together with my Colts and Rugers. If you should decide to sell, I would be more than happy to have a chance to replace one of her good memories.

Latest posts

Top Bottom