Old Okc Restaurants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah and Harrigan's that was next door on I-240. They had some great steaks and the zucchini chips appetizer was awesome.

That was one of my favorite places to eat twenty some years ago.
Speaking of zucchini chips, I wonder how they would be cooked in the smoker? They are easy to make and a low carb snack. Keto friendly even. Gluten free, yada, yada, yada.

Here us a recipe to make then in the oven.

https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/zucchini-chips/

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a place over around Hefner and Kelly in the 80's. Paul Kelly's? I remember it being good.

Edit: It was Joe Kelly's. On a lake.
MANY YEARS AGO 👍 - Still remember their Bloody Mary’s with shrimp = not a BM fan.. but they STILL stick out in my mind. Great setting for a restaurant. And I remember it as Joe Kelly’s.. or at least Kelly’s 🤷‍♂️

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eagles Nest was the revolving place at founders tower.

Der Dutchman….. when I was a kid that was THE place to go for special family occasions.

Charcoal Oven was cool.

Casa Bonita was a kids dream destination in the early 80s.

Wish Goldie’s burger and pickle bar would come back!
AND - Across the Street, on NW HWY by Founders Twr.. with the phone in booths for calling in. Early 70’s -..?? Best Curly Q fries and burgers like Split-T and Johnny’s..

Last edited:

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is entertaining, reading the FANTASIES of old farts like me, that used to fantasize about pretty girls, in skimpy outfits, and now fantasize about FOOD! I suspect most are over weight like me?
We live to eat now!! Great thread making me HUNGRY

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doc’s Hamburgers, they had onion rings made with red onions and kind of a spicy breading. Burgers were fairly good too, it was across the street from Pearls on 63th in OKC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom