Old Okc Restaurants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjstriderite

Marksman
Reaction score
in the 70,s just south of the Winchester Drive in enterance on western was a bbq resturant it went out of business became a florist and is now Southwest Monument. can anyone remember the name of the bbq joint ????

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in the 70,s just south of the Winchester Drive in enterance on western was a bbq resturant it went out of business became a florist and is now Southwest Monument. can anyone remember the name of the bbq joint ????
There was a Mexican food place in that same area I think was El Chico maybe? East side of road, stand alone stucco building and they gave the small lifesavers pack to the kids on the way out.

Don't recall a BBQ place. I do remember those big slides just across the street from the putt-putt.

jjstriderite

Marksman
Reaction score
There was a Mexican food place in that same area I think was El Chico maybe? East side of road, stand alone stucco building and they gave the small lifesavers pack to the kids on the way out.

Don't recall a BBQ place. I do remember those big slides just across the street from the putt-putt.
yes the mexican food resturant concino de mino el chico on highway the blue slide pizza hut skatearama wheelarama golfarama utotem park terrace theater shakeys kips buchanans gills donuts underwoods der:weienersnittzle taco tico southwest ford the haunted house on 59 may pizza planet.........alot of stuff stuck but that lil bbq joint name dident i ate there more than once my stomech remembers lol

jjstriderite

Marksman
Reaction score
yes the mexican food resturant concino de mino el chico on highway the blue slide pizza hut skatearama wheelarama golfarama utotem park terrace theater shakeys kips buchanans gills donuts underwoods der:weienersnittzle taco tico southwest ford the haunted house on 59 may pizza planet.........alot of stuff stuck but that lil bbq joint name dident i ate there more than once my stomech remembers lol
Seems like yestrday and that was 50 yrs ago !

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YEP! Don't leave out Roy Rogers on 59th. Mexican place right next to Park Terrace. Took tae kwon do at Tiger Cho's in same strip mall.

No clue on the BBQ place though but starting to ask relatives!

Spent early years off SW 79th terrace(behind TG&Y). One grandma lived just a block east of Grant and the other of SW 37th and McKinnley.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Mexican place was Nino's not El Chico. Can't find anyone, even Google, who knows the BBQ name. Damn you jjstriderite! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom