Old Okc Restaurants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about Chances R on NW Highway in the 60's? Beer n Pizza joint north side of the road around MacArthur? Of course, that is when Penn Square was the beginning of OKC. Founders Tower was being built as I remember.

Speaking of Founders Tower, does anyone remember the first revolving restaurant's name? I always thought it was the oilman's club or something like that. It wasn't.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a good BBQ place close to 10th and May way back when. Glen’s Hickory Inn or something like that. This was way back in the late 60’s.
Another place I ate once was called The Salad Bowl on 35, probably close to the zoo. That’s where I learned I’m in love with blue cheese. Again, back in the 60’s.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eagles Nest was the revolving place at founders tower.

Der Dutchman….. when I was a kid that was THE place to go for special family occasions.

Charcoal Oven was cool.

Casa Bonita was a kids dream destination in the early 80s.

Wish Goldie’s burger and pickle bar would come back!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eagles Nest was the revolving place at founders tower.

Der Dutchman….. when I was a kid that was THE place to go for special family occasions.

Charcoal Oven was cool.

Casa Bonita was a kids dream destination in the early 80s.

Wish Goldie’s burger and pickle bar would come back!
The Charcoal Oven is still producing great food on May around 36th St. I have eaten there twice. I cried when it was bulldozed for a tire shop. The guys' son owns it.

https://www.charcoaloven.com/
1656820249000.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom