Old Okc Restaurants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Spriggs barbecue when the old man ran it, MWC on AirDepot. 911 sauce was hot, I loved asking people I took there if they liked hot sauce, and telling them about the 911 sauce, then watching them start sweating 😅

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a BBQ joint on SE 15th, just east of Eastern, that had outstanding BBQ. Just a little building in a gravel lot, but you’d see all kinds of fancy cars there around lunch time.

The old man’s son tried to run it after the old man passed, but he just wasn’t as good of a judge of meat as his dad.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Doc’s Hamburgers, they had onion rings made with red onions and kind of a spicy breading. Burgers were fairly good too, it was across the street from Pearls on 63th in OKC.
Ah, the original Pearls. All of our close friends from college(yeah we’re all still married) before kids, would hang on the deck sipping on Rolling Rocks and enjoying the good ol days. Many a memory there.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread , but did anyone mention The Onion Barrel ? believe it was at se 44th or 29th at high best steak sandwich I ever had

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of zucchini chips, I wonder how they would be cooked in the smoker? They are easy to make and a low carb snack. Keto friendly even. Gluten free, yada, yada, yada.

Here us a recipe to make then in the oven.

https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/zucchini-chips/
I find it extremely insulting when a vegetable is advertised as gluten free. It is just plain stupid.
It is just like "unsweet tea" instead of "tea".

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it extremely insulting when a vegetable is advertised as gluten free. It is just plain stupid.
It is just like "unsweet tea" instead of "tea".
Yes but most places today need to spell it out for the snowflakes.

Jesus fish_zpscnq11awh.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom